Disable specific card/hw id in VoodooHDA

YvanSoftware

1 post in this topic

Hi,

I'm having an issue with the VoodooHDA driver: I have two sound cards in my PC, and they get both detected at boot time, but only the ast detected one is useable.

The first one is the one I want to use, since it's the on-board card. The other one is the HDMI audio of my video card.

Here's my card I want to use:

Feb 18 18:55:32 Mac-Pro-van-ROBiNBYTE kernel[0]: Codec #0: Analog Devices AD1981HD (vendor ID: 11d4, device ID: 1981)

And here are the ones I want to disable

Feb 18 18:55:32 Mac-Pro-van-ROBiNBYTE kernel[0]: Codec #0: NVidia (Unknown) (vendor ID: 10de, device ID: 000b)
Feb 18 18:55:32 Mac-Pro-van-ROBiNBYTE kernel[0]: Codec #1: NVidia (Unknown) (vendor ID: 10de, device ID: 000b)
Feb 18 18:55:32 Mac-Pro-van-ROBiNBYTE kernel[0]: Codec #2: NVidia (Unknown) (vendor ID: 10de, device ID: 000b)
Feb 18 18:55:32 Mac-Pro-van-ROBiNBYTE kernel[0]: Codec #3: NVidia (Unknown) (vendor ID: 10de, device ID: 000b)

Is this possible, and if yes, how do I accomplish this? Can I blacklist the NVidia PCI IDs?

Thank you!

Robin