Gateway 4528MX

CthulhuOSX

6 posts in this topic

Hello Everyone

I've installed the Marklar Iso in a Gateway 4528MX Laptop. Everything works fine except for 2 things, sound and wireless.

Well, my concern is really about the sound; no sound, no fun :)

I've tried many wiki's, how to's but no luck so far.

My Vendor is 8086 and Device ID is 24c5, they show up in ICH4 (or 5, I can't remember), but I've noticed when I boot in "verbose" mode there is nothing about "AppleAC97AudioIntelICH.kext" loading, I got this "AppleAC97CodecAD198x.kext" instead.

What happens after that? Well, it is supposed to have sound, I can move the volume sliders and all, but no sound. What I noticed is if I plug in my speakers (using the headphones output) and crank the volume all the way up, I can hear very very low sounds (mp3's and system sounds)

Any help out there?

Oh, one more question, is there a file that keeps track of everything being loaded at startup?

Thanks in advance, and keep up the good work people :D

I don't know anything about your sound card, but to get it working did you try this?

Applications > Utilities > Audio MIDI setup. Check all the volume sliders, change to Hz, etc. I had sound issues, and changing it to 48000 Hz fixed it. I don't know if it will work for you though.