Ethernet and Audio

5 posts in this topic

Ok so i finally got jas osx 10.4.6 install dvd to work. it boots with no problem. Now ive been reading alot on the forums and trying to get my wireless network and audio to work but im just completely lost. Im new to osx and really dont know what im doing. My audio is intel hd audio and my wireless card is a broadcom and thats just about all i know. am i hopeless or could someone explain to me steop by step how to do it?

When you installed the JaS 10.4.6, under Customize, did you select the wireless package to install? If you go into System Profiler (in the Applications -> Utilities folder) and click PCI on the left, can you get the vendor id (should be 14e4) and device id of the card?

What kind of audio do you have - need vendor id and device id. Go into Windows, select Device Manager, find the "Sound, video and game controllers" and then the Audio Controller. Get Properties and then click on the Detail tab. Report the vendor and device ids

Under System devices, find "Microsoft UAA Bus Driver For High Definition Audio" and also get the vendor and device ids.