GA-EP45-UD3R - CPU and Fan 1, Fan 2 speeds

mrincredible

1 post in this topic

Hi,

First post here from a total Hackintosh (and Mac) n00b. I have had my GA-EP45-UD3R running happily for about 20 months running Win 7. But my son and daughter have both got MBP's and love them over windoze. Hence my attempt to come to the light side!

Anywhooo........

A search for my MB and Hackintosh directed me here.

Let me say from the outset that the install has been fraught because I wanted to install to a 4 x drive RAID 0 set up for speed. I eventually got this done after much trial and error. But it was worth it.....

2011-02-14_01-58-33.png

I used [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] and [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] initially for the hardware side, then reverted to Chameleon RC5 r700 to get my RAID to boot. I have to say that other than a Pinnacle DVB-T card, the install is running fine: OOTB sound, graphics (XFX GTX260), USB, the lot. Well pleased.

2011-02-14_02-08-04.png

I run a Q6700 @ 3.6Ghz with a Thermaltake 120 cooler, 8GB OCZ ram @ 1080 MHz. It flies!....

.... and so do my fans. :thumbsdown_anim:

SMCFanControl does not load at all. And other utils do not register the fan speeds and report 0 RPM.

Under W7 I ran Speedfan with great success and for normal day to day duties, my CPU and rear case ran steady @ 700 RPM (with a rear fan attached in parallel), and the two case fans at 500RPM. Whisper quiet. But under SL 10.6.6 they are full blast and quite tiresome on the ears all day.

HAs anyone had any success in getting control over the fans? (My fans are 3 pin and so the MB is set to control by voltage and not PWM).

Many thanks!