Newbie intro and question

moozer

5 posts in this topic

Hi all.

First time venture into the Mac OS world. I love the look of Snow Leopard and wanted to install the OS alongside Windows 7 as a dual boot.

Struggling!!

I cannot get the install going at all. Can boot to DVD, but this goes through a few lines of code using the -v switch, then reboots the machine.

My specs:

CPU - AMD Athlon II X4 630

MOBO - GIGABYTE GA-MA770-UD3

VIDEO - ATI RADEON HD5670 512MB

RAM - 3GB DDR2

i tried [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] and a few different preboot installers, but all have same result.

I have Snow Leopard 10.6.2

Tried all sorts of tutorials from Youtube and other sources, but none can help.

Hopefully, someone has had success with Snow Leopard on an AMD PC and can help me get going.

Thanks in advance

For the one millionth time: AMD + ATI are the perfect recipe for failure.

So sorry - I thought I had only asked the one time. My mistake!

I assume you mean that AMD & ATI are not compatible as an integral part of a Mac OS setup? Otherwise, I'm sure that AMD & ATI are one and the same now and have been so for some time.

Am I, then, to forget trying Mac OS for my PC until such time that I have different hardware configs? Perhaps AMD CPU and nVidia GPU would work?

Thanks!

So sorry - I thought I had only asked the one time. My mistake!

Of course I wasn't referring to you personally. I meant that it has been said so many times in this forum.

I'm sure that AMD & ATI are one and the same now and have been so for some time.

That is totally irrelevant for our purpose.

Am I, then, to forget trying Mac OS for my PC until such time that I have different hardware configs? Perhaps AMD CPU and nVidia GPU would work?

Look, it can work. It depends on your determination. It is like going on a long journey with a bicycle instead of a car.

Of course I wasn't referring to you personally. I meant that it has been said so many times in this forum.

Look, it can work. It depends on your determination. It is like going on a long journey with a bicycle instead of a car.

I was joking - I realise that the questions must have been asked a lot!

As for persistent determination - I'm all for it! Just looking for some guidance