SL10.6.3 retail + NX7400 boot disc

chris found

7 posts in this topic

Hi

As I cannot post this anywhere but here, here goes;

Installed SL10.6.3 retail disc with the '7400 boot disc' on my HP 7400 duo machine.

Initially, after a few goes it worked but when I rebooted without the disc it will not start - just a flashing cursor.

With the disc in the hard drive is there but not shown on the desktop.

During install, there was a bios error which I would imagine is the error log information, but I am not sure how to get the machine to work properly without this disc.

Is there a 'How To' to get this right, as I really want to use it with the newly purchased Protools 9.

HELP

Install the Chameleon Bootloader to your OSX Partition?

Now I am lost, I thought the 7400 disc was supposed to install these bits and allow me to instal 10.6xx.

From what I now understand is the disc sets a virtual state for the software to load - not good for me.

Tried to install Chameleon but it failed, so I am doing something wrong, please advise on a simpler route.

Thanks in advance

Chameleon + some Kext's would be enough, where do you fail?

Hi

There are two problems;

Boot startup, I remove the 7400 boot disc the computer does not boot from HD (just the flashing cursor), cannot work out how to resolve this.

Tried installing Chameleon (latest one) remotely, this did nothing, not even sure if it installed to the 10.6 drive.

Second;

No matter how I try I cannot get the kets to register so the touchpad works, the 7400 disc versions work fine, was going to copy these but the folders seem to have changed from 10.5.5 theres no system preferences anymore.

I tried everything in respect to boot discs, all fail, the 7400 disc is the only one that the 10.6.3 works on the computer

If there are any page references that explain how to do things properly, this may help.

Now I have protools 9, it is seriously annoying me that I cannot get even the simplest of OS changes to work - is this normal or am I just a thickie.

Your help deeply appreciated

What do you mean under remotely? As an Installer? Or in Terminal?

By using another drive with osx on it, placing the file on the drive to be installed and following the instructions - it should have worked but failed.

could you give me a detailed step by step instruction to get this resolved.

I await your return with interest

Best Regards

What do you mean under remotely? As an Installer? Or in Terminal?

By using another drive with osx on it, placing the file on a second drive and following the instructions on install - it should have worked but failed.

Could you give me a detailed step by step instruction to get this resolved.

I await your return with interest

Best Regards