Safe sleep on hackintosh?

enb14

10 posts in this topic

Hi, I've tryed with a lot of methods to get my computer on suspend, and finaly I got it to work, then I wanted to go further so I was trying to do this

sudo pmset -a hibernatemode 1

but unfortunately only suspends my computer, doesn't do the Hybernate thing, do you had any better luck with this?

This is the link abou how to do that

http://www.andrewescobar.com/archive/2005/...sleep-your-mac/

and this are the screenshots that I should see but no, have you ever tryied this with a hackintosh or at least with an intel real mac?

64009935_258f073533_o.jpg

64009935_258f073533_o.jpg

I dont know what u mean exactly.

But when I click Apple --> Sleep my computer just shuts down... At first I thought that it just turned off but when I went to flick it on again I was surprised to find that it saved its state and just turned on right away where i left it.

So I guess, sleep works?

Unless your talking about something different.

Adam

Did you see something like the pictures I posted before?

If you saw those pictures that's safe sleep (hibernate) if you are not sure just after sleeping your hackintosh remove any power from it (power cord and UPS) then try to put it back and try to power up your hackintosh again if you continue from were you were before that means that your safe sleep is working.

Mine shuts down, then when I hit the power button to turn it back on, all the fans stay on high and nothing else happens until I hit the power button again to shut it off, then back on again.

I had that problem too but I fished with pmset xxxxxx 7, now I'm trying to find somebody with an hackintosh and fully working hibernate .

I think "safe sleep" AKA Hibernate is only for Athentic MACs(at least the guide is). It deals with something called "open firmware" which is only for Mac computers. I am also really interested in hibernating my computer because I have a Dell Latitude X1 and whenever it boots up it needs an external monitor in order for it to show anything but Blue screen (maybe dummy VGA would also do the trick, but donno how to make one). So, I am very interested in shutting down my laptop and get it up running again without plugging in.

I think "safe sleep" AKA Hibernate is only for Athentic MACs(at least the guide is). It deals with something called "open firmware" which is only for Mac computers. I am also really interested in hibernating my computer because I have a Dell Latitude X1 and whenever it boots up it needs an external monitor in order for it to show anything but Blue screen (maybe dummy VGA would also do the trick, but donno how to make one). So, I am very interested in shutting down my laptop and get it up running again without plugging in.

Use the "staple" trick its reall easy and you wont have to worry about the blue screen problem again... look at this picture:

http://forum.osx86project.org/index.php?ac...ost&id=1522

Cheers

Jussi