IT WORKS... BUT

cchance

4 posts in this topic

Ok first off ... i used the JAS disc of .6 and it went WONDERFUL... i got the b0 error but fixed it by setting it active beyond that it was awesome! I booted to working sound, video, ethernet everything so far that i can tell ;)

There are some odditys though, i use a USB keyboard, and it works... but for some reason its acting weird... the numlock isnt working it doesn't light but the caps lock does... also when i click on the address bar in safari and press home or end it moves the page instead of the cursor ... is this a mac thing or a keyboard issue also?

Next problem, i have a nvidia 6600... but it appears i'm stuck at 1024x768 instead of 1280x1024... is their a way to change this? i tried the one in the tutorial but it says to do ?video at the bootloader... but how do i do that ... i tried doing it when the apple logo first shows but that doesnt help i tried hitting f2 f8 esc ... and no luck no command line to enter the ?video... am i just not understanding what im supposed to be doing lol

Also as a side note im trying to figure a decent blogging software... i used to like the Windows Live Writer... but thats for windows LOL Any suggestions i need something to post from the desktop to dasblog...

I must say this is alot smoother than i thought it would be even the effects run beautifully...

correction... the caps lock does not work the shift does the caps doesnt uggg

Oalso when i click on the address bar in safari and press home or end it moves the page instead of the cursor ... is this a mac thing or a keyboard issue also?

A Mac thing. But pressing shift Home or shift End, it will highlight the text to the beginning or end of the line.

Next problem, i have a nvidia 6600... but it appears i'm stuck at 1024x768 instead of 1280x1024... is their a way to change this?

You need to look at the Macvidia drivers at http://macvidia.starchaser.org

i tried the one in the tutorial but it says to do ?video at the bootloader... but how do i do that ... i tried doing it when the apple logo first shows but that doesnt help i tried hitting f2 f8 esc ... and no luck no command line to enter the ?video... am i just not understanding what im supposed to be doing lol

When you boot, the screen first turns black then goes to a grey screen. As soon as the screen turns black, start tapping the F8 key (rapidly, more than once) until the command line appears.

also when i click on the address bar in safari and press home or end it moves the page instead of the cursor ... is this a mac thing or a keyboard issue also?

Depending on which app you're using, the key mapping for Mac apps is usually the following:

Home : CMD+Left_Arrow

End : CMD+Right_Arrow

Where CMD will be ALT if you're using a Windows keyboard