Sapphire HD 5670 only shows 1024x768

joescarborough

2 posts in this topic

I've installed kabyl's Chameleon branch (r700), and have successfully updated to 10.6.6. When I boot with ATI_Init.kext, I get garbled graphics (black with blotchy boxes sparsely scattered about). On the upside, if I move the mouse while this happens, I can see little splotchy boxes roaming around the screen. If I remove ATI_Init and all ATIRadeonX3000 kexts, I boot successfully, but am stuck with 1024x768. I found a ROM for the video card, and have also tried placing that (properly renamed) in /Extra and using -useatirom (or UseAtiROM=Yes), but without any difference. I'm sure I am simply missing something, but I'm running in circles and need an outside point of view.

Apparently I can't tell the difference between when I have updated a bootloader and when I haven't. This time, I confirmed that I updated to kabyl's r700, and now, voila, everything is better. Not perfect, but better. I only have one resolution available (1440x1024? something like that), but it beats the heck out of 1024x768.