Post-Install Troubles

2 posts in this topic

Hey all;

So after screwing around for a while, I finally got a working install of OSx86 off a Snow Leopard retail disk (used NetbookBootMaker 0.8.3 or 0.8.4 I think to mod the retail desk). Installed successfully, ran NetbookInstaller 0.8.3 or 0.8.4 (whichever was the matching one). Chameleon is my bootloader, it's good to go for the most part.

Except for a few small things.

1) Random KP's but that's nbd; the annoying one is that if I hold down the down key, it'll be guaranteed to KP soon. How can I fix this? New kext for keyboard/mousage? THIS IS THE MAIN CONCERN. I WANT TO BE ABLE TO USE IT.

2) I'm not really sure what I'm doing with DSDTage, I just clicked the buttons in NetbookInstaller and went with it. Can I upgrade my RAM at a later date (1GB -> 2GB) without having to remake the DSDT thing? //again, complete noob there.

3) Is there a way I can DISABLE how OS X changes the BIOS's system time on shutdown? Every time I boot up any other operating system, their clocks are off by a TON.

4) GUID hard drive, Chameleon Bootloader; hard drive dual boots OS X and Win7 just fine. I unplugged this and installed Ubuntu 10.10 on a 8GB SD card; it has a GRUB2 bootloader. Plugged drive back in. Is there any way I can get Chameleon to show this SD card on boot? Or any way I can get GRUB2 to actually boot OS X; hitting the entry in GRUB2 just loads a black screen while hitting the Win7 entry actually works. Any tips?

Thanks all!

Oh, totally forgot, one of the other main troubles I've been having is on boot sometimes the trackpad fails completely.

Best example is the -v output shows Synaptics touchpad being detected (I can take a pic sometime soon if needed); but once I'm at the login screen and attempt to move the mouse, the mouse cursor just sinks slowly down the left side of the screen until it's in the bottom left corner, at which point all I can do (and just barely so) is type.

This is massively frustrating; tips?