Most apps crash when installing/using

JEB

3 posts in this topic

Aight... FINALLY! i got OSX86 booting natively (2.4prescott SSE3) and for osme reason I try to installeither drivers or applications (flash for an example) it crashes and wont recover. if anyone knows if this is normal or mabey a fix? that would be great... im such a mac noob and it scares me (considering im A+ certified...lol)

Cheers!

JEB

I'm not positive about this, but I think that the deadmoo image (which i'm assuming is what you used to install) has the SSE3 > SSE2 patch already applied. If your processor has SSE3 support (which you said it does), you should unpatch the files (CoreGraphics, and a few others). This may/may not solve your problems, but should speed things up, as you wont be doing the unnessicary SSE3 emulation anymore.

cheers,

keith

I'm not positive about this, but I think that the deadmoo image (which i'm assuming is what you used to install) has the SSE3 > SSE2 patch already applied. If your processor has SSE3 support (which you said it does), you should unpatch the files (CoreGraphics, and a few others). This may/may not solve your problems, but should speed things up, as you wont be doing the unnessicary SSE3 emulation anymore.

cheers,

keith

accualy i did change the coregrafics and also booting 24 bit coolor.. did also remoe the apple wtv it's called file...lol but evrytime i try to install flash 4 objects remain it crashes evry time! i dont know... i fixed alot of errors by opening my apps with rosetta tho...

Cheers!

JEB