Need help with P55-UD3L and GTX460

hoangbv15

4 posts in this topic

Hi,

First I would like to thank all of the good folks here at the osx86 scene.

As the title said, I'm having troubles getting my system to work with Snow Leopard.

I have successfully installed Snow Leopard, but now I can't boot into the newly installed OS, the booting process hangs at waitForService(resourceMatching(AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement) timed out

without any KP screen (it still showed a grey restart warning when booted without -v).

I had had the same problem booting the retail DVD, but managed to solve using the newest [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] startup disc and myHack installed onto the installation thumb drive using my MacBook (http://osx86.sojugarden.com/installer/)

I have tried nearly everything I knew, -x, PCIRootUID=1, CPUS=1, busratio=20, SATA mode = ACHI, HPET enabled with 64bit in BIOS settings, I even tried disabling enhanced halt, EIST, and multiple core processing, still no luck.

My system config. is:

P55-UD3L rev 2.3 bios FH

Core i5 760

MSI GTX460 Hawk 1GB

Hi,

First I would like to thank all of the good folks here at the osx86 scene.

As the title said, I'm having troubles getting my system to work with Snow Leopard.

I have successfully installed Snow Leopard, but now I can't boot into the newly installed OS, the booting process hangs at waitForService(resourceMatching(AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement) timed out

without any KP screen (it still showed a grey restart warning when booted without -v).

I had had the same problem booting the retail DVD, but managed to solve using the newest [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] startup disc and myHack installed onto the installation thumb drive using my MacBook (http://osx86.sojugarden.com/installer/)

I have tried nearly everything I knew, -x, PCIRootUID=1, CPUS=1, busratio=20, SATA mode = ACHI, HPET enabled with 64bit in BIOS settings, I even tried disabling enhanced halt, EIST, and multiple core processing, still no luck.

My system config. is:

P55-UD3L rev 2.3 bios FH

Core i5 760

MSI GTX460 Hawk 1GB

Try this : boot -s and use this comand, this move your graphics kext for one patch in / raiz of the your hardisk

mout -uw /

cd /

mkdir /ExtOff/

mv /System/library/Extensions/GeF* /ExtOff

mv /System/Library/Extensions/NV*kext /ExtOff

mv /System/Library/Extensions/ATI*kext /ExtOff

rm -r /System/Library/Extensions/Extensions.mkext

cd /

shutdown -r now

Second boot use -s use this comand:

mount -uw /

mkdir /ExtOff/

mv /System/Library/Extensions/AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext /ExtOff/

mv /System/Library/Extensions/AppleIntelCPUPowerManagementClient.kext /ExtOff/

cd /

shutdown -r now

Good Look!!!! and post results

@Osm@rbcn

Thank you for your response!

I can boot into single user mode with a small problem: my PS/2 keyboard isn't recognized. I'll try removing the kexts using Windows + MacDrive, and see it'll work this time.

Voila!!! by moving the graphics kexts, I can boot into the registration screen now. However, as I said earlier, my keyboard isn't recognized, so I can only but look at the screen and move the mouse. I''ll try VoodooPS2 and then post back results now.

*Update: nvmind, I unplugged and plugged it in again, and it worked. Don't know why!? but now, let me proceed to the graphics card driver installation!

*Update: I have successfully managed to get hardware accelerated graphics, ethernet working, in 64 bit mode.

However, sound isn't working and gives a KP with VoodooHDA. Also, my PS2 keyboard only works in 32 bit mode with VoodooPS2Controller, in 64 bit mode my mouse and keyboard just don't respond.

Anyone can suggest a solution for my audio and 64 bit PS2 keyboard?

Or I might just get a PS2 to USB converter or, a USB keyboard.

*Update: I tried AppleAziliaAudio.kext, but audio still doesn't work, which is strange because it seems to work with other people.

*Update: I got sound output working using the unified realtek driver in [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url], however my front mic isn't working. Well, at least I can use iTunes now.

• 6 months later...
Try this : boot -s and use this comand, this move your graphics kext for one patch in / raiz of the your hardisk

mout -uw /

cd /

mkdir /ExtOff/

mv /System/library/Extensions/GeF* /ExtOff

mv /System/Library/Extensions/NV*kext /ExtOff

mv /System/Library/Extensions/ATI*kext /ExtOff

cd /

shutdown -r now

Second boot use -s use this comand:

mount -uw /

mkdir /ExtOff/