nVidia GeForce 6800 installation using EFI

energydrink

1 post in this topic

Hello there, i know the correct section for this post was graphics card subforum but I can't post there, so if a moderator want to move this topic he's welcome.

This is my issue: I installed Mac Os X Snow Leopard 10.6.6 on my computer (the configuration is in the signature) with the Retail DVD and [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url]. All works perfectly, the only problem is with the graphic card, an old nVidia GeForce 6800 (id 0x00f9). I tried many ways to install it, now I put an EFI string into my com.apple.boot.plist and the System Profiler identify it, this is what it says:

my nVidia Card:

Modello Chipset: my nVidia Card

Tipo: GPU

Bus: PCIe

Larghezza Lane PCIe: x8

VRAM (totale): 256 MB

Fornitore: NVIDIA (0x10de)

ID dispositivo: 0x00f9

ID revisione: 0x00a2

Revisione ROM: my nVidia Card OpenGL Engine [EFI]

The problem is that the resolution is blocked at a max of 1280x1024 (I have a 16:9 monitor with a max resolution on 1920x1080) and there's no QE/CI support (Front Row doesn't works).

I think probably I have to install the proper drivers (kexts) but when I edit with the correct Dev ID and load NVDANV40Hal.kext and NVDAResman.kext the system can't load the first of these and won't boot.

Perhaps those aren't the correct versions of the kexts? Are there many version of these drivers? I'm running 10.6.6 Snow Leopard.

I hope someone may help me. Thank you in advance for any reply :)