problems with nvidia geforce 8400 M GS (it has no vram)

blue summer

4 posts in this topic

Hi,

I am having trouble with my graphics card it is a Nvidia Geforce 84000 M GS, it has no vram, I used an efi string when I installed the os, was I supposed to use the graphics enabler instead?

Everything else seems to be working such as the keyboard, the touch pad, the sound, usb ports, the wired ethernet (the wirless will never work but thats fine) and even the touch controls for volume. I am not sure if both core are enabled on the processor either, and I am not sure how to find that out. Right now I am running version 10.6.3 of osx, and it seems to be running smoothly, other than the grapics card having no vram.

Is there anything I can do to make the graphics card find its ram again?

model: HP artist edition (dv2800t)

processor: Intel core duo T5550@1.83ghz

ram: 4gb

graphics:nvidia geforce 8400 M GS

Have you created the EFI string in a 10.5.x version of OS X? For some reason you get the wrong hexadecimal string when you create it in snow leopard. Just try to install an older ditro first (I used Ideneb, but just see what works for you) and create the EFI string there, then save it on an usb stick and use it for your snow leopard install.

Hope it works for you!

Have you created the EFI string in a 10.5.x version of OS X? For some reason you get the wrong hexadecimal string when you create it in snow leopard. Just try to install an older ditro first (I used Ideneb, but just see what works for you) and create the EFI string there, then save it on an usb stick and use it for your snow leopard install.

Hope it works for you!

Thanks so much I'll try this!

• 2 weeks later...