GM965/X3100 thoughts

scottiemedic

1 post in this topic

Hi all. So, before I was running 10.5.6 updated to 10.5.8 and my X3100 was working great, proper resolution, QE/CI and the such.

Now I'm running 10.6.3 installed from iAtkos S3 v2 because I couldn't get Boot 132 to boot properly with my Retail 10.6.3. I got the proper resolution working and it's showing up as an X3100 in Sys Profiler. It's makes no mention of QE/CI so I'm assuming that they are not working properly (even though transparency is working, Final Cut Express installed without issue).

Firstly, how can I tell if QE/CI is not working, or if it is? Would it say in Profiler like it did in Leopard?

Secondly, why can't I use the same kexts that I used in Leopard to get QE/CI up? Are there that many differences in kexts from 10.5 to 10.6? Or can they be modded to work with 10.6? In Windows talk, I knew it took very little to get a Vista driver Windows 7 compatible. Didn't know if OS X was similar in kext files.

Thirdly, how long do I have to post in the noobs section before I can post in the real world? I have posted a couple other times and never got answers from the more knowledgeable, making me think they don't check this section for us noobs with the consistency they check the main forums... Just wondering :P

Thanks...