The way to make it faster

mmisiek32

4 posts in this topic

Hello, I'm from Poland, so soryy for my english

Is there any way to make OSx86 run faster on my PC??

I have PIV 2,4 GHz without SSe3 support with 768 MB of RAM, but Osx86 run wery slowly, almost as slow as in pearpc.I've installed it nativelly ofcourse.

Thanks for any Help

Also, if you search in the WIKI, you will find that suggestion as well as a few others that might help. (The link is below)

http://wiki.osx86project.org/wiki/index.php/SpeedBoost

cheers,

keith

OK, so I;ve come up with a few of my own since I posted that last night (six hour train ride with nothing else to do :))

These cut load times of rosetta apps in HALF, as well as making the graphics run much smoother (as smooth as I have seen any mac run the OS nativly.) I was VERY pleased, and thought I'd share.... I'll add these to the wiki tomorrow when I have some free time.

1) My Dell D600 Laptop has a option in its bios for boot clock speed (seperate from the standard running clock speed) The options are compatible, and 1.6GHz (The top speed of my processor)

Compatible makes the clock run slower while booting, but for some reason also affects the preformance after booting into OS X. When I switched the speed to 1.6, not only did it boot faster (duh!), but it also ran the os a lot faster. The start time for the OS cut down to 10 seconds at the first screen, and then less than 2 seconds at the second, giving a login screen in less than 15 seconds (!)

2) My second speed finding is that, although my screen defaults to 1024x786 on boot, if I specifically set this with the boot option "Graphics Mode"="1024x786", the graphics system responds MUCH faster, and displays everything perfectly. Before, the genie effect looked like three distinct positions on the screen, and the mouse would "jump" around on the screen. All in all, it reminded me of my experiances with PearPC. Now, even though I'm running at the same resolution, the graphical effects look incredible, and as good as on a (real) mac.

cheers,

keith