Trying to change resolution.

Manolo1

1 post in this topic

Two days ago I installed Leapard on a Dell Inspiron 530 for the first time. Everything went pritty smooth for the most part and any issues I've had I looked up and fixed, except for this one.

I read about changing the com.apple.Boot.plist to allow the change for screen resolution on start up and I followed the instructions and it didnt work for me. So far I have done this.

<key>Graphics Mode</key>

<string>1280x1024x32</string>

(Found Here: http://######.com/index.php?option=...&Itemid=32)

And this.

<string>"Graphics Mode"="1280x1024x32@60"</string>

(Found Here: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=19998)

Im running the right res right now only because I used this ("Graphics Mode"="1280x1024x32") at boot prompt, but im trying to make the change permanent on every start up. Does anyone have any ideas on if im doing something wrong or possibly if there is another option? Also, can I specifically list the refresh rate? I ask because the first example above dont have it and the second one does. Tried it with and with out and had no success. Thanks for reading.

Inspiron 530

Core 2 Duo E7700 <(I think I got the numbers right) 2.8Ghz

Intel GMA X3100 Onboard