P6T Deluxe V1 install issues Disk Utility and OS install

elm66

1 post in this topic

Hi There,

I am a newbie in the hackintosh world and have tried to install a plain snow leopard retail disk (10.6 disk retailed when snow leopard was launched and lately 10.6.3 retail) OsX on my system.

Here are the spec:

1. P6T Deluxe V1 Latest firmware 2209

2. i7 920

3. 4GB ram (removed the others)

4. SSD OCZ Vertex 2 160GB (got it at an acceptable price) SATA Port2

5. Blu-ray burner SATA port1

6. Nvidia GTX470

For some reason the OCZ on port 1 and blu-ray on part 2 was not working (waiting for root device)

I changed the bios to meet the requirements that were mentioned to use [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] & [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] : 1cpu, AHCI, no HT

I have 2 problems that may be related

1. I got to the "language panel" and start running the disk utility to create the partition on the SSD. Define the partition with GUID journaled. When clicking apply to create the partition it hangs (wheel spinning). This is problem number 1.

2. Having a macbook pro, I took out the SSD from the desktop and created the partition by connecting it to the USB port. Reinsert the SSD in the desktop and try the install without using the disk utility. The installation finds the hard drive and start installing but remains very quickly stuck at 29min with wheel spinning. If I look at the installer log, it seems to stop after logging the following message

Checking Volume

Checking Journaled HFS Plus volume

Checking extents overflow file.

I have tried to change various bios settings etc without much luck and would greatly appreciate any help in resolving that issue.

It seems to be coming from the interface with the disk. Disk utility fails to unmount when creating partitions, the install get stuck while checking the volume.

Thanks

Eric