com.apple.Boot.plist not found after install

slly

5 posts in this topic

com.apple.Boot.plist not found

i installed with MacOSX_10.4.6DVDPATCHED_Myz.iso from TPB.

dell latitude d600, dedicated 60gb harddrive. no dual/multi boot with other OSes.. how do i get this to work?

if i press F8 w/ the CD in and do the 'rd=disk0s2' command, i can boot into OSX. it seems like the bootloader didn't get copied to the drive.

thanks,

--slly

• 3 weeks later...
i installed with MacOSX_10.4.6DVDPATCHED_Myz.iso from TPB.

dell latitude d600, dedicated 60gb harddrive. no dual/multi boot with other OSes.. how do i get this to work?

if i press F8 w/ the CD in and do the 'rd=disk0s2' command, i can boot into OSX. it seems like the bootloader didn't get copied to the drive.

If the entire hard drive is dedicated to OSX, then there should only be one partition. "rd=disk0s2" is telling the system to boot the 2nd partition. Very strange. Would expect the needed command to be "rd=disk0s1"

Anyway, to try to get the bootloader going, boot into OSX, go to Terminal and type:

sudo fdisk -u /dev/rdisk0

(give your password)

Next, while still in Terminal, follow the steps in this starting with Step 4: http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=22844

since where on the topic.

on one laptop, i get the same error, from the install disk though. i heard it becasue the DVD drive isnt supported.

I dont want to make a new thred, its better to post in this one. if imwrong. i apologize

I would try re-burning the DVD at the slowest speed possible and maybe use different brand media and/or a different type (dvd-r, dvd+r, dvd-rw, dvd+rw)

Also check to see if you can upgrade the firmware of your DVD drive.