Potential reasons for why I cannot install?

fatum

3 posts in this topic

At this point, I'm not sure if the issue is with my CPU or with my GPU. Currently I'm trying with 10.5.7. I've tried many bootflags as well, mainly noting: -v -x cpus=1 maxmem=6048 busratio=20

I believe once I was able to get past the grey apple screen, and onto the grey background with the spinning cursor that I could move around. However, it never left this screen. Most of the time, it outputs a few lines of text (Loading HFS...), and then restarts. Here is my current hardware:

Processor: AMD Phenom II x4 955 BE

Graphics card: nVidia GTS 450

What component could the issue be with? Could anyone recommend a distribution that works with my current hardware? If there isn't anything around, is it possible to append the kernel extensions into my installation DVD?

Thanks for any assistance!

At this point, I'm not sure if the issue is with my CPU or with my GPU. Currently I'm trying with 10.5.7. I've tried many bootflags as well, mainly noting: -v -x cpus=1 maxmem=6048 busratio=20

I believe once I was able to get past the grey apple screen, and onto the grey background with the spinning cursor that I could move around. However, it never left this screen. Most of the time, it outputs a few lines of text (Loading HFS...), and then restarts. Here is my current hardware:

Processor: AMD Phenom II x4 955 BE

Graphics card: nVidia GTS 450

What component could the issue be with? Could anyone recommend a distribution that works with my current hardware? If there isn't anything around, is it possible to append the kernel extensions into my installation DVD?

Thanks for any assistance!

http://www.google.com.au/search?hl=en&...mp;aql=&oq=

Motherboard & mb chipset?

10.5.7 ? what?

Grey apple sreen? verbose -v