Installing and modifying kexts not working

mwr_allen

2 posts in this topic

Hi All,

I have a Sony Vaio VPCEB3F4E laptop and I have successfully installed iAtkos v3 Snow Leopard 10.6.3.

I have all the basic things running without any issues but there are a few tweaks that I need to make to it so that it runs more smoothly.

The issue that I am having at the moment is that my onboard wifi card isn't working although I have a Netgear WG111v2 that I have working with the Realtek USB driver installed but it's a pain because the wifi dongle is big and not ideal, The laptops trackpad also isn't working so I need to use a usb mouse which is also a pain. The intelHDGraphics card is only showing as 1024x768 without any other display options.

My wifi card is an Atheros AR9285

My graphics card is an intel HD Graphics

My trackpad is an Alps Touchpad

Whenever I try to install any kexts from kext helper I get some sort of extension error and also kext helper tells me that it installed but when I click ok it doesn't restart and the application doesn't respond so I have to force quit, after that I can see the kext has been moved to the extentions folder but the hardware does not work. I have tried modifying the kexts to give them the vendor id's and hardware id's etc but with no luck.

I have attached some pictures of my device properties from Windows if someone could please help me get these few bits of hardware running as they should.

Thanks in advance.

Marcus.

post-293154-1295374269_thumb.png

post-293154-1295374274_thumb.png

post-293154-1295374280_thumb.png

post-293154-1295374287_thumb.png

post-293154-1295374292_thumb.png

When installing kexts,put them manually in /System/Library/Extensions and try to use Kext Utility to fix perms/rebuild kext caches.Maybe Kext Helper puts the kext there but doesnt rebuild the kextcache/touch the Extensions folder so everytime the system boots,it doesn't load those new kexts but instead loads the Extensions.mkext which doesn't have those new ones inside bundled.Post back on what you're doing/did. ;)