iAtkos S3 v2 on nVidia GTS 450 and AMD Phemon II x4 955

fatum

5 posts in this topic

After placing in my CD, and pressing F8, then typing -v and hitting enter, I receive this message:

efi_inject_get_devprop_string null trying stringdata

then a restart.

My processor is 64 bit, but I doubt that's the problem? I'm also pretty sure it isn't my motherboard, because I was able to install iAtkos awhile ago on a different processor. Here is what I currently have:

Dell 0F896N motherboard

AMD Phemon II x4 955 Black Edition CPU

nVidia GeForce GTS 450 GPU

What could the issue be? Are there any parameters I could pass off to get a successful boot? Thanks for any help!

Thanks for the reply! Are there any steps that I could take to verify and hopefully correct the issue?

Hey there, I just realized I get that message too, just before my PC starts booting. So it may not be the reason why your PC doesn't boot.

I only got a bootable mac by selecting the Qoopz kernel (10.3.0) before installing. Tried multiple times with the legacy kernel: didn't work.

The kernel choice is, I think, the most related to your CPU. Moreover, I got a phenom x4 9650... shouldn't be too different from yours (feel free to check the desktop link in my sig to compare with my hardware).

Before I realized I had that message too, I wrote this message to help you get your GPU working... It may help you once you manage to boot up:

I followed this guide to get my GTS 250 working.

What it basicly tells you to do is to create a file that contains all details regarding your card. You then use the tool (you can download it in that post as well) to generate a hexadecimal string based on your file.

Finally, you take that hexadecimal string and add it to the boot file.

On boot, your bootloader (must be chameleon or PC_EFI v8 or higher, according to the post) will load that string and for some magic reason make your card work perfectly.

So that's how it works. Now, sadly, I just noticed he hasn't added a file for the GTS450 (I honestly didn't even know that one existed), but you may be able to take a look at the one of the GTX485 and maybe also the GTS250. Maybe one of these will work perfectly. Maybe you'll need to modify the file a bit...

I'd say, take a look at the files. I haven't tried to understand the files as the GTS250 was already supplied, but if you manage to find/modify a file so that it matches your card, then you should be OK (the other steps aren't hard).

Maybe it wouldn't be a bad idea to disable NVEnabler kexts if you enabled them and they don't work. You should be able to find enough resources on the forums on how to delete a kext. (I tried once with some NVEnabler kext, and it gave me a kernel panic, so I reinstalled without it).

Good luck. :thumbsup_anim:

Hey there, I just realized I get that message too, just before my PC starts booting. So it may not be the reason why your PC doesn't boot.

I only got a bootable mac by selecting the Qoopz kernel (10.3.0) before installing. Tried multiple times with the legacy kernel: didn't work.

The kernel choice is, I think, the most related to your CPU. Moreover, I got a phenom x4 9650... shouldn't be too different from yours (feel free to check the desktop link in my sig to compare with my hardware).

Before I realized I had that message too, I wrote this message to help you get your GPU working... It may help you once you manage to boot up:

I followed this guide to get my GTS 250 working.

What it basicly tells you to do is to create a file that contains all details regarding your card. You then use the tool (you can download it in that post as well) to generate a hexadecimal string based on your file.

Finally, you take that hexadecimal string and add it to the boot file.

On boot, your bootloader (must be chameleon or PC_EFI v8 or higher, according to the post) will load that string and for some magic reason make your card work perfectly.

So that's how it works. Now, sadly, I just noticed he hasn't added a file for the GTS450 (I honestly didn't even know that one existed), but you may be able to take a look at the one of the GTX485 and maybe also the GTS250. Maybe one of these will work perfectly. Maybe you'll need to modify the file a bit...

I'd say, take a look at the files. I haven't tried to understand the files as the GTS250 was already supplied, but if you manage to find/modify a file so that it matches your card, then you should be OK (the other steps aren't hard).

Maybe it wouldn't be a bad idea to disable NVEnabler kexts if you enabled them and they don't work. You should be able to find enough resources on the forums on how to delete a kext. (I tried once with some NVEnabler kext, and it gave me a kernel panic, so I reinstalled without it).

Good luck. :)

edit 1 -

Could I edit the contents inside of the ISO with an application like MagicISO, and then save the new ISO? But then, I won't be able to use this:

cd ~/desktop (then hit return)
./gfxutil -f display (then hit return)

edit 2-

I believe Qoopz 10.3.0 is the default booting kernel. I also tried Qoopz 10.2.0 (match_qoopz -v) when booting, but the same error that I've always been receiving:

No SMBIOS replacement found.
Patched DMI Table.
Do DSDT replacement found. Leaving ACPI data as is

I believe the last line is outputed, it's printed too fast for me to read it. I found that message in other threads. I am sure that the "No DSDT" is outputted, but not sure with the rest of the string.

Wow, thanks for the reply! Really helpful information. However, I don't have any computer with OSX installed, so I'm not sure if all of the information would work out for me? I'm not even able to load up the installer.