ASUS G72GX Hackintosh Build

gumpheartjenny

8 posts in this topic

Hey Everyone,

So after reading countless forums and posts...I finally have a pretty stable build on my computer with only a few things to complain about that I would love help with. First I want to tell you how I built mine and then see if anyone can help me troubleshoot. Here is my process.

1. I downloaded myhack from the myhack website Myhack.

2. I followed his instructions Here

3. after I finished that I downloaded VoodooHDA and installed that

4. Then I went into the extensions and deleted AppleHPET.kext (that made osx read all my usb ports as 2.0. and made is shut down properly)

5. and voila! I now have a Hackbook...but I still have some minor issues that I would love help with

Here are the issues;

1. Audio sometimes is a little crackly

2. Can't see battery Life (tried voodoo battery)

3. Sometimes when Mac boots it does the grey swipe down over the apple that asks me to restart the computer

4. I can't update! Sends the computer into Kernal Panic

5. Starcraft II Does not recognize it as 10.6 so it does not let me install

If you have any questions let me know...and please help me fix these problems

Thanks

Hi there,

I don't have any advice on your issues ( :) ) but I do have some questions about your hardware. I have the asus g73jh and was wondering how similar the hardware is. I realize I could probably search online for your specs but I was also wondering how the build went as far as getting your network, video, and sound drivers in order.

I currently have two hackintosh projects in the works the asus g73jh and the eee pc 1015pn both relatively new computers, so I am trying to get all the preliminary research pointers I can while I wait on my install disk to arrive. Thanks in advance.

Mr U

Hi there,

I don't have any advice on your issues ( :) ) but I do have some questions about your hardware. I have the asus g73jh and was wondering how similar the hardware is. I realize I could probably search online for your specs but I was also wondering how the build went as far as getting your network, video, and sound drivers in order.

I currently have two hackintosh projects in the works the asus g73jh and the eee pc 1015pn both relatively new computers, so I am trying to get all the preliminary research pointers I can while I wait on my install disk to arrive. Thanks in advance.

Mr U

If it is part of the G series I think this build would probably work for you. The myhack isn't specifically designed for my laptop but It has ended up working better than any of the others. Audio seems to be great! Only audio that has some trouble are the apple default noises when you click on things, youtube sounds fine.

Network worked on boot

Audio I used Voodoo HDA install package

with video watch the youtube video linked on my first post.

If you work on this build and find any fixes to the problems I'm having please post them in this forum I would love to hear them.

• 3 weeks later...
If it is part of the G series I think this build would probably work for you. The myhack isn't specifically designed for my laptop but It has ended up working better than any of the others. Audio seems to be great! Only audio that has some trouble are the apple default noises when you click on things, youtube sounds fine.

Network worked on boot

Audio I used Voodoo HDA install package

with video watch the youtube video linked on my first post.

If you work on this build and find any fixes to the problems I'm having please post them in this forum I would love to hear them.

Well, got my disk finally :rolleyes: and I too noticed the update problems, so I tried installing them one at a time...turns out the AirPort Utility breaks the system and although I didn't get kernel panics I did get removed network and keyboard drivers. I imagine you could get the kexts and re install in safe mode, but for the purposes of experimentation I narrowed it down to that. I now have 10.6.6 (as of writing this post) with audio and LAN up and running...thanks for the youtube vid link...working on that one next!

I know it aint much, but hope it helps...

Mr U

Well, got my disk finally :) and I too noticed the update problems, so I tried installing them one at a time...turns out the AirPort Utility breaks the system and although I didn't get kernel panics I did get removed network and keyboard drivers. I imagine you could get the kexts and re install in safe mode, but for the purposes of experimentation I narrowed it down to that. I now have 10.6.6 (as of writing this post) with audio and LAN up and running...thanks for the youtube vid link...working on that one next!

I know it aint much, but hope it helps...

Mr U

Thanks Mr. U!,

I'm a bit hesitant on that updating to 10.6...last time I did it as I stated computer had a that Kernal Panic and had to reformat! Another problem I'm having is that I don't think the video graphics are 100%. I think all the colors on my computer are not true and it has problems with images with a lot of information...I've heard about nvinject but I don't know how to install it and if it will actually help. Let me know if you discover how to fix this or anything else.

Thanks

• 10 months later...

I was successful in making my Asus G72GX update all the way to Snow Leopard 10.6.8 with everything working. I used the ModCD + Snow Leopard install to get this done. It was actually very painless once I discovered this way to do it. However, I am trying to update my G72GX to Lion. I've purchased it from the Mac Store and tried to do both xMove and [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url]. I come to the same problem, it will boot to Lion's installer welcome screen where it asks you to choose your language and I can't get past that. My trackpad works in that I can move the mouse but my left click, right click and tap to click functions don't work. Neither does the keyboard. I've tried plugging in USB keyboards and mice but they have the same effect. I can move the cursor with the mouse but click functions don't work. The USB keyboard doesn't respond either.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

• Like 1