Upgrade from 10.6.3 to 10.6.6

zams

2 posts in this topic

Hello there,

I've novice to this forum and also very new to Mac OS X. I've downloaded an installation file which is iATKOS S3 10.6.3 and it's installed successfully to my ThinkPad T60 (CPU 1.84G, 64G Kingston Flash Driver and 2G Memory with 1400x1050x32 resolution). It got panic while I upgraded either iTunes or combo to 10.6.6. So I arbitrarily copied /System/Library/Extensions the whole set of kext files onto my hard driver. The OS was able to restart with 1400x1050 (so video driver seems OK in this case) but no audio enabled and touch pad is not working. Horrible thing is the system run a little while the mainboard got very hot (where the CPU is) even the hard drive! So I suspect I would have to re-install some drivers for either the chipsets or CPU fans or the SATA etc.

Please someone give me any clues? Many thanks for your help!

Since nobody answered me I've just re-installed it. But I'm still not confident to install any kind of software such as iOS SDK or Mac Messenger etc.

Please share your experience if you are just like me - the very beginner of Mac OS X.