Hey everyone, wanting to redo my install from year ago

hextile

2 posts in this topic

as you can see from my signature, I had a fully working 10.5 hackintosh, but unfortunately scrapped it when I bought a mac mini. I have since had to sell the mac mini and am building a new windows pc for gaming in about a month or so. What I would like to do, is change what I have currently which is the same specs as my previous build with 1 exception. My vid card is a 5750. Is this a possibility? do I just follow leopard soup again, or is there a better way to go straight to 10.6 SL.

GA-P35-S3L v2.0

E8400 3.0GHz Intel C2D

2GB DDR2 Corsair 800MHz

250GB Seagate Baracuda SATAHD 7200RPM

Vision Tek Radeon HD 5750 <----will be the change. also adding a 1tb drive to do a dual boot to

Mac OS X 10.5.5

All possible from the lovely people at InsanelyMac and especially Weaksauce12!!

OHHH P.s. Can I install it to the 1tb drive without having to format and reinstall windows 7 on the 250 that it's on now? And also stuck with an IDE dvd drive, would it be best to do this via thumbdrive?

go here to see if your video card is supported. http://netkas.org/

But might I ask why your getting such a crappy video card for gaming? Unless you are strictly playing older games you will regret getting that card. Expand your budget and get a 5870 or a 6870 at least (if they are supported). Or look at like a 470 (if its supported).

I have been out of the osx game for a while but I know my hardware especially for gaming. I dont even need osx86 now that win7 runs so well but I still would like to have it anyways since its a fun hobby