Still waiting for root device

alexrose

4 posts in this topic

Hello,

I have a weird problem, and I say weird because, before being taken into service, everything was fine. I could install any version of mac on my notebook, without problems(and without video drivers - but that's not a very big problem).

Now, after my notebook is out from service(they changed the video cable and my dvd rw), I can't install mac on my pc. It keeps getting me that error: "still waiting for root device".

I tried dozen of versions: hazard, iatkos, kalway, ideneb, ipc etc but no luck.

Mentions:

- My notebook specs are in signature.

- Changing bios settings, it's not really an option for me(BIOS is fairly limited)

- i tried to boot with: -x -v; -f -v; cpus=1 -v; platform=ACPI -v (no luck)

- photo uploaded with error

post-666848-1295206374_thumb.jpg

Hello,

I have a weird problem, and I say weird because, before being taken into service, everything was fine. I could install any version of mac on my notebook, without problems(and without video drivers - but that's not a very big problem).

Now, after my notebook is out from service(they changed the video cable and my dvd rw), I can't install mac on my pc. It keeps getting me that error: "still waiting for root device".

I tried dozen of versions: hazard, iatkos, kalway, ideneb, ipc etc but no luck.

Mentions:

- My notebook specs are in signature.

- Changing bios settings, it's not really an option for me(BIOS is fairly limited)

- i tried to boot with: -x -v; -f -v; cpus=1 -v; platform=ACPI -v (no luck)

- photo uploaded with error

Try this boot flag: -f -x -v cpus=1 rd=disk0s2

http://apple2pc.blogspot.com/2008/05/still...oot-device.html

No luck..kernel panic(photo attached)

Look here for you model notbook and in the forun use search for your model:http://www.insanelymac.com/search.php?cx=001515782708938219747%3A_l4ohnzhaku&cof=FORID%3A9&ie=UTF-8&q=Asus+X59SL+