Can't update to Mac OS X 10.6.4 or 10.6.6

skanob

1 post in this topic

First thanks to tonymac with his great tutorial on installing mac os x and to the osx86 community.

On to the problem, but here's some info first of the things I've used and steps i took for installation:

1. My laptop's spec is in my profile on my sig below

2. Used latest [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] CD (or Nawcom's modCD)

3. Retail Mac OS X 10.6.0

4. Mac OS X 10.6.4 or 10.6.6 Combo Update

(optional, if im not going to update) [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] 3.0.3

Both cd loaders will be able to let me fresh install 10.6.0 . Everything works with a bit of tinkering.

But the problem is that i cant update to latest version 10.6.6 or even 10.6.4. I assume 10.6.5 will be the same result. Either installation will work fine UNTIL the part where it says "Moving items into place..." then, kernel panic!

I've done some research but havent proven them yet, one says its the unsupported Intel HD, the other says i need to DSDT Patch.

I tried DSDT patching using DSDTSE. Was able to extract DSDT and compile directly without any problems, 0 errors, 0 warnings, 8 "something", 10 optimization. Then installed it.

This still didn't work. I managed to get some pictures of the kernel panic and hopefully someone could help me or point me to the right direction. thanks.

When updating, doesn't matter what version, should I use "Software Update" or Combo Updates manually?

P.S.

After kernel panic, my Hackintosh is unusable unless a fresh install or reimage my clone. No kext have been added prior to updating. I bet its the AppleSMC or ACPI_SMC_PLATFORM thats the problem based on the screenshot.

Could someone help me shed some light please?

Any help will b greatly appreciated, thanks!