Problems

strada_di_sogno

3 posts in this topic

Hi people thanks for all the stuff you have done. It's nice to meet a Mac on a x86 platform. But i have some problems. Some of them are usual problems as i read the forum but mines are a bit different because i think they are not hardware caused problems.

One month ago I tried to install 10.4.5 but i got a problem with this edition. After booting to apple logo screen I got a symbol like forbidden. Then i tried to install 10.4.4. to my pc (AMD 64 x2 3800, Asus A8N Sli Premium, Nvidia 6600 GT top extreme edition and 40 gb Seagate barracuda IV ide hdd) and managed that. As I am using gentoo on my this basic pc i decided to buy a new pc to use macosx with it.

Since I had a MSI s939 board with ati onboard x200 graphic card i bought an AMD 64 3200+ processor and made a home for Macosx. I unmounted the ide seagate hdd and mount it to my new system and got macosx working. Because of simple graphic card it was slow and i bought a MSI Ati rx550 graphic card and got a good performance with macosx. I had only 2 problems. First one was the sound card but i could get it working by patch and the second was the ethernet card. When I boot up the system sometimes it got the net connection and sometimes it didn't. I thought (what a boy, he is always thinking :)) it may be problem of platform because i installed it on another computer (i know it is not a {censored} of Microsux ;)) and decided to install it again in my new computer and problems begin.

In my first try with 10.4.5 i couldn't managed to enter the installation screen after waiting a while forbidden sign appeared. As i got he same problem with my other machine i skipped the 10.4.5 installation and tried the 10.4.4. First time with 10.4.4. i couldn't managed the installation screen and rebooted. In the boot screen i hit F8 and booted in verbose mode. Everything was fine i installed the system and booted. But what a luck has this guy have. On the Apple screen i saw the dissapointing forbidden logo :D. Then i formatted the disk as fat32 and after verbosing on the partition menu i couldn't find the hdd. i opened disk management menu and i could only managed to see dvd there. So i formatted the disk as unpartitioned and didn't put a file system and rebooted again. After entering installation screen with verbose mode again i couldn't see the disk again.

That is all my problem. I wish i was a man who listened the Murpy rule. "If it works don't touch it"

I would be greatful if a hear a solution from you.

i dont know if ur hardware is suportet or not. i had problems installing and stuff and managed all.

first be sure dvd drive is primary slave, where ur ide hdd drive is on the primary master. then u should see dvd and hdd in the installation. uplug everything on the secondary ide. and try again.

gl hf

thanks buddy that's right. Getting both devices on the same cable seems to be right because the first time when i managed to install osx to my other computer i connected them like that by chance ;).

But i think i will get the forbidden symbol again. I don't think it is an hardware problem because i used macosx which i installed on my other machine on this machine.

I'll try even if doesn't work it's a good comment :D