Snow Leopard Install Disk goes to black screen

gundam802

2 posts in this topic

Hi, i am trying to install Snow Leopard on my intel Core 2 Duo pc. I am using the retail Snow Leopard disc to install. I have iAtkos V7 Leopard running. I used Disk Utility to restore the Install Disk to my external hard drive(750gb) its a lot of space but i don't have anuthing that will hold an 8gb image right now. i used this guide (http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=183751) to install. I did the dsdt.aml thing but i don't know what you are supposed to do. I ran the 2nd executable onto the drive and rebooted. It wouldn't boot from the drive so i used my Boot-132 disk to boot from it. It went to a black screen so i retried with -v. It said Loading HFS+ File [mach_kernel] there were like 3 of these. Then there was a spinning slash thing. Then the screen goes black and my monitor says "No Signal". I retried it many times. But the same result. I tried a modified dsdt.aml the was for gma950 but it didn't work. Any help?

My Specs:

MotherBoard: Intel D45GCNL

Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo

Graphics: Intel 82945G (i read that the chipset in it is gma950, in iatkos system manager thing it says its gma950)

HDD: 200gb Samsung

If you need to know anything else, please reply.