iDeneb 10.5.8 working - Hazard 10.6.2 installs with kernel panic on reboot.

RandomInternetUser

4 posts in this topic

Let me start with my build:

MSI K9N SLI Platinum SLI (nforce 570 MCP)

AMD Athlon X2 3800+ Dual Core

Geforce 8800 GTS 320MB

IDE CD/DVD+RW

IDE 80GB HDD (also have a SATA available but have not tried using it yet.)

I remembered I got iDeneb 1.3 working a couple years ago so I went and got iDeneb 1.6 Lite edition and am able to install and then upgrade to 10.5.8 flawlessly.

I realized 10.6.x is out, so I grabbed Hazards 10.6.1-2 DVD and it installs, but restarts with a kernel panic or double panic.

Am I missing something obvious or do I need to mess with the EFI/DSTS stuff for my hardware?

Thanks for any advice in advance :(

Let me start with my build:

MSI K9N SLI Platinum SLI (nforce 570 MCP)

AMD Athlon X2 3800+ Dual Core

Geforce 8800 GTS 320MB

IDE CD/DVD+RW

IDE 80GB HDD (also have a SATA available but have not tried using it yet.)

I remembered I got iDeneb 1.3 working a couple years ago so I went and got iDeneb 1.6 Lite edition and am able to install and then upgrade to 10.5.8 flawlessly.

I realized 10.6.x is out, so I grabbed Hazards 10.6.1-2 DVD and it installs, but restarts with a kernel panic or double panic.

Am I missing something obvious or do I need to mess with the EFI/DSTS stuff for my hardware?

Thanks for any advice in advance :)

The problem could be the SuperNForceATA.kext that Hazard distro loads on booting......see my blog entry......for an install guide see here........and here........and here.......

Thanks for the suggestions, I'm going to do some reading now :D

EDIT: Got 10.6.2 installed using your guide's settings as well as some settings for a similar board on the HCL list in the Wiki.

I tried updating to 10.6.6 but after install and reboot I came back to a blank screen I couldn't get past with any combination of flags.

Going to try reinstalling and deleting the seatbelt kext and possibly the super Nforce ATA kext as well.

The problem could be the SuperNForceATA.kext that Hazard distro loads on booting......see my blog entry......for an install guide see here........and here........and here.......

I got 10.6.2 installed using your guide and one of the HCL lists on the wiki, and then of course I got greedy and updated to 10.6.6, and upon rebooting after installing I come back with a blank screen.

I've read that you have to remove seatbelt kexts before updating as they are version specific but I'm not 100% sure that's the issue , I'm just trying stuff at this point.

Just tried restoring from backup but got a boot0: error so I'm just going to reinstall using the settings I know work and try updating again perhaps. ;)