Gigabyte EP45-UD3P max. Memory?

3 posts in this topic

Hello,

simple question:

The max. RAM for the EP45-UD3P seems to be 16GB, in 4x4GB.

Is anyone succesfully running this board with 16GB Memory on Snow Leopard?

if yes, could you specify what brand of RAM you use?

I am running this setup very stable and succesfully for quite a while now but a RAM Upgrade would be refreshing for AFX previews etc.

cheers!

Hi 'tilllt'

I'll give you gold medal and a box of chocolates if you manage to run 4x4GB = 16GB on GB EP45 board.

It took me 6 months ish to tune up my system (UD3R) with 8GB (4x2GB), 3 times Memory sent back to manufacturer due to faulty sticks. And I'm talking here about 24/7 Stability - Prime run > 20hrs, Memtest >30hrs, etc..

you can almost here moaning of memory controller while going over 900Mhz and that with 4x2GB,

My memory is Corsair Dominator and should go 1066MHz, that with 2x2GB is easy task, with 4x2 I'm managing to push it just under 900Mhz.

If you still determined to go 4x4 make sure memory nominal Voltage is 1.8v everything above is already OC'ed by manufacturer .

Good article about that you'll find here: http://forum-en.msi.com/index.php?PHPSESSI...;topic=118018.0

Good Luck !

s

I have using on my Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R (rev. 2.0) G.Skill RL Series F3-10666CL9T2-24GBRL (4GB x 6)

P.S.

You need 6 modules version (3 module kit is available, too). It's tested by G.Skill.

your board is for DDR3 memory buddy, EP45-UD3P supports DDR2 only.