1005ha failed on 10.6.6 upgrade

DaNmarner

8 posts in this topic

I installed 10.6.5 on my asus 1005ha-p netbook with myHack 1.1, everything worked perfectly.

And today, after having read reports on successful upgrading to 10.6.6 on mydellmini.com, I decided to give 1005ha a try. I directly upgraded it from the system menu and rebooted.

And after the apple logo appeared, the booting progress simply stopped.

I'm reinstalling 10.6.5 at the moment.

If anyone have 10.6.6 running on their 1005ha(s), It'd be great to know!

ok 10.6.6 work on my system its aspire one after install 10.6.6 just replace your mach_kernel for atom and ok

ok 10.6.6 work on my system its aspire one after install 10.6.6 just replace your mach_kernel for atom and ok

Are you using the mach_kernel_atom for 10.6.5?

Hi, everyone, I just had a success updating from 10.6.5 to 10.6.6 on Asus EEE PC 1005ha.

You can follow this post to get to 10.6.5.

Once you get there, just download 10.6.6 combo update, and run it the same way you update from 10.6.0 to 10.6.4 (or to 10.6.5) using combo updates, as told in the link above. When it comes to mach_kernel for Atom, the one patched for 10.6.5 works just fine on 10.6.6.

• 1 month later...
Hi, everyone, I just had a success updating from 10.6.5 to 10.6.6 on Asus EEE PC 1005ha.

You can follow this post to get to 10.6.5.

Once you get there, just download 10.6.6 combo update, and run it the same way you update from 10.6.0 to 10.6.4 (or to 10.6.5) using combo updates, as told in the link above. When it comes to mach_kernel for Atom, the one patched for 10.6.5 works just fine on 10.6.6.

Hey, I did not use the above mentioned guide because from what I understand it required 10.6 DVD, but I only have a 10.6.3. I used the guide here: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=230317

This means I did not use the Myhack Installer, but the netbookmaker.

Can some one give me some instruction on how to update from 10.6.3 or point me to a thread that utilizes the netbookinstaller method.

Thanks all

Hey, I was finally able to install 10.6.5 and tried to perform the 10.6.6 update.

Got a kernel panic because of the sleepenabler.kext

Removed it using the install flash drive and removed extensions cache

The system booted and I used pfix to rebuild the cache.

Now the system boots but my usb ports don't work.

No matter what I plug into the usb ports it does not show up on the system, be it a flash drive or a usb mouse

Please help

Hey, I was finally able to install 10.6.5 and tried to perform the 10.6.6 update.

Got a kernel panic because of the sleepenabler.kext

Removed it using the install flash drive and removed extensions cache

The system booted and I used pfix to rebuild the cache.

Now the system boots but my usb ports don't work.

No matter what I plug into the usb ports it does not show up on the system, be it a flash drive or a usb mouse

Please help

did u try to update mach kernel, from what i understand u may use the same mach kernel from 10.6.5

did u try to update mach kernel, from what i understand u may use the same mach kernel from 10.6.5

pirate efi has a installer for usb fail might wanna give it a try, i know this might be a stupid question but did u try to reboot with the usb connected the entire time.