Installation hangs in the end

vanp1992

15 posts in this topic

Hi everyone, Well this is how the installation went, I booted from the CD all went well. went into the boot screen waited for around 20 minutes. Then waited another 3 mintues for the Language selection. I went to Disk Utilities and formated my IDE, 14 gb hardrive to the Mac OS (Journaled), then i customized the install ans added the Amd and Intel script so it brought up the requirement to 7.7 gb i left the 2nd last thing unchecked. Then it installed and at the end theres a button to restart and theres the Circle that indictes the hting is busy (like on the boot screen) i left my computer on for 7 hours and when i woke up it still went on, i restarted and tried to boot fro mthe hardrive but the thing just doesnt boot.

Help anyone?

The mouse was Locked or Disabled when the circle thing spins after the end of the isntallation

then i customized the install ans added the Amd and Intel script

You can't install AMD and Intel packages both. You should have clicked the little arrow to the left of this item to reveal the individual packages that you should select.

I Did what you told me this time the Circle thing is LOWER and still it still goes aon and on, i restarted but still cannot boot from Hardrive

Circle thing occurs right after The restart button is pressed.

i Installed it in VMWare by BSD but i get a B0 error help?

I don't know what choices are on your disk. And I know nothing about your computer.

Choose either AMD or Intel packages. If your processor is capable of SSE2 then choose that. If it is capable of SSE3, choose that instead of SSE2. If Wireless is there, choose that. You must know your own computer and choose the features you have and need.

And when the installer says it is checking the DVD, you can press the "skip" button to save lots of time. After all, it has been checked twice now and the DVD isn't going to change any.

Yes, I believe you should be able to select the hard drive with OSX and if the install goes well, it will automatically boot.

An adjustment may have to be made to your boot.plist file, but that can be done once you get a good installation.

Thanks A MILION, MAC boots now and works . But the resolution is 1024x768, how do i install the "Drivers " for my video card? Or make the resolution bigger. Plus my PS/2 Keyboard doesnt work. But i have a spare USB one. How do i make the PS/2 one wokr?

And drivers for my SATA Controllers? nForce Sata and Silicon S3112

For your Silicon SATA, might want to check this out: http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=24254

For nForce SATA, I understand the VIA SATA patch helps. From OSX, insert your install DVD and let it mount on the Desktop. Double click it and path to System/Library/Installation/Packages and look for the VIA SATA patch and double click it.