HD 5670 installed, but wrong Monitor Resolution

Mr Props

11 posts in this topic

Hi Community!

I installed Snow Leopard with this Tutorial:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=213366

I've got a MSI 770-C45 and a Pheneom CPU too, so everything worked fine.

My problem is my Graphiccard: Saphire ATI HD 5670

During the installation, i had a higher Resolution as 1024x768, i think it was smth like 1280x800. When my OS X started, it had gone down to 1024x768 Resolution. The good thing was, that my Graphiccard was installed without any Kext:

Display:

Type:	GPU
 Bus:	PCIe
 PCIe Lane Width:	x16
 VRAM (Total):	256 MB
 Vendor:	ATI (0x1002)
 Device ID:	0x68d8
 Revision ID:	0x0000
 Kernel Extension Info:	No Kext Loaded
 Displays:
Display:
 Resolution:	1024 x 768
 Pixel Depth:	32-Bit Color (ARGB8888)
 Main Display:	Yes
 Mirror:	Off
 Online:	Yes

But as you can see, it detects my Display as a 1024x768 Resolution Display, but its a 1440x900 one. In options, i cant select another Resolution. I tried to edit the apple.boot.plist (or smth) and added the Boot Graphic thing with the right resolution, but that didnt work for me. I dont know, maybe i did something wrong with the syntax. Can anyon post me the right plist setting (completly)?

Also I tried to add the Drivers by following this Tutorial:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=241064

I dont wanted to try that, because my OSX detected and installed the driver already, but after i couldnt change the resolution, i hoped to fix it by trying it. After i made a Software Update to 10.6.4 (it was required), i couldnt start my OSX anymore. So it couldnt helped me .. i installed my OSX again.

I hope someone can help me! It really would be great!

delete sleepenabler.kext, run the update to 10.6.5 (better than 10.6.4), before restart change your kernel with legacy_kernel for 10.6.5, after reboot, install the new sleepenabler for 10.6.5 and the kext in that guide and change the boot file with this after reboot with -f and you'll have QE/CI enabled and resolution change.

It's better if you made a backup with carbon copy cloner.

delete sleepenabler.kext, run the update to 10.6.5 (better than 10.6.4), before restart change your kernel with legacy_kernel for 10.6.5, after reboot, install the new sleepenabler for 10.6.5 and the kext in that guide and change the boot file with this after reboot with -f and you'll have QE/CI enabled and resolution change.

It's better if you made a backup with carbon copy cloner.

Ok i will try that now .. but: wich kext files from the guide u mean?

This one:

1. ATY_Init.kext

2. ATI5000Controller.kext

3. ATIFramebuffer.kext

4. ATISupport.kext

or this one:

1. ATIRadeonX3000.kext

2. ATIRadeonX3000GA.plugin

3. ATIRadeonX3000GLDriver.bundle

4. ATIRadeonX3000VADriver.bundle

or both?

And what do you mean with change the boot file with this one? Wich boot file i have to overwrite with the boot.gz of the topic?

Sorry but im not sure .. how can i boot with -f, and how can i do that automaticly always?

Thank you!

Ok i will try that now .. but: wich kext files from the guide u mean?

This one:

1. ATY_Init.kext

2. ATI5000Controller.kext

3. ATIFramebuffer.kext

4. ATISupport.kext

or this one:

1. ATIRadeonX3000.kext

2. ATIRadeonX3000GA.plugin

3. ATIRadeonX3000GLDriver.bundle

4. ATIRadeonX3000VADriver.bundle

or both?

And what do you mean with change the boot file with this one? Wich boot file i have to overwrite with the boot.gz of the topic?

Sorry but im not sure .. how can i boot with -f, and how can i do that automaticly always?

Thank you!

both kexts, and for the boot file you have to extract it and replace with your in the root of your hd (it's a hidden file), you need chameleon rc5 installed before. boot with -f it's only for the first boot after the update for permissions, pres f8 in chameleon and write -f.

Ive got another Problem now: After the Update to 10.6.5 i cant boot anymore. It stops at the apple and the turning cyrcle. I can boot as single user or with a live CD, but i dont know how i can fix it.

I deleted the sleepenabler.kext and the cache kext in startup folder. Before i restart after update, i installed the legacy kernel for 10.6.5! I had the ANV 10.2.0 before.

Anyone has an idea how to fix this? BTW i used the combined update of hazard.

Ive got another Problem now: After the Update to 10.6.5 i cant boot anymore. It stops at the apple and the turning cyrcle. I can boot as single user or with a live CD, but i dont know how i can fix it.

I deleted the sleepenabler.kext and the cache kext in startup folder. Before i restart after update, i installed the legacy kernel for 10.6.5! I had the ANV 10.2.0 before.

Anyone has an idea how to fix this? BTW i used the combined update of hazard.

Boot with -v flag and post an image of the screen.

Boot with -v flag and post an image of the screen.

With -v i get this:

IMGP0824.JPG

If i try to boot normal, i can see a new loading bar wich is going away after the half!

IMGP0822.JPG

Maybe the problem is this "getCPUID unknow ID"?

Thank you really so much for your help! BTW: Happy new year :wacko:

Hi!

Thank you for the help! I could boot after the update by deleting the two kexts before.

Like David23 said, i installed all the kexts of this Guide:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=241064

Then i installed Chameleon RC5 and tried to reboot with -f, but i get panics at the grey apple logo.

Maybe i shouldnt install all the kexts of this guide? Wich kexts du you mean with "the right kexts for 10.6.5"?

Thank you!