Paulybus

6 posts in this topic

Okay first of all, here are my specs:

Mobo: Asus M4A785TD-M EVO

CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 925

Graphics: Asus ENGT 240

Harddrive: Seagate 500 Gb, sata

DVD: Asus $16 cheapo, sata

Ram - G skill ripjaw 1333 (only have 2gb in right now since i heard that 4 or more could cause issues)

Alright, So far I have tried multiple installs of hackintosh with varying levels of success. With all of the different types of hacked os's i have been able to boot off cd, fully install, and then upon rebooting I get kernel panic. When I reboot and run straight from the harddrive, I either get a black screen, or a kernel panic. One time, I got a waiting for root system message, but that could have been because I might have accidentally booted from the CD. Questions:

1.) Which install would you suggest for this build: I.E. - Iatkos, ideneb...

2.) Does anyone know what my installation options should be for this setup. I understand the general video drivers and all that jazz. I'm just not too up to date about the APCI SMSBios and that stuff.

3.) What does "Firewire not able to determine security mode. Defaulting to full secure mean?

(on my build i get the furthest - Its now waiting for root device)

Thanks for your patience with a noob!

Paul

Okay first of all, here are my specs:

Mobo: Asus M4A785TD-M EVO

CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 925

Graphics: Asus ENGT 240

Harddrive: Seagate 500 Gb, sata

DVD: Asus $16 cheapo, sata

Ram - G skill ripjaw 1333 (only have 2gb in right now since i heard that 4 or more could cause issues)

Alright, So far I have tried multiple installs of hackintosh with varying levels of success. With all of the different types of hacked os's i have been able to boot off cd, fully install, and then upon rebooting I get kernel panic. When I reboot and run straight from the harddrive, I either get a black screen, or a kernel panic. One time, I got a waiting for root system message, but that could have been because I might have accidentally booted from the CD. Questions:

1.) Which install would you suggest for this build: I.E. - Iatkos, ideneb...

2.) Does anyone know what my installation options should be for this setup. I understand the general video drivers and all that jazz. I'm just not too up to date about the APCI SMSBios and that stuff.

3.) What does "Firewire not able to determine security mode. Defaulting to full secure mean?

(on my build i get the furthest - Its now waiting for root device)

Thanks for your patience with a noob!

Paul

See this AMD Retail Snow Leopard install guide.........but there are other guides too.......Retail and distro....

Try booting the Install distro DVD or BootCD with -v busratio=20

See this AMD Retail Snow Leopard install guide.........but there are other guides too.......Retail and distro....

Try booting the Install distro DVD or BootCD with -v busratio=20

okay, here's the update. I installed the iPC universal final distro of hackintosh on my computer and it installs fine. Right after it installs and tries to reboot it gets a kernel panic. I restart and use "-v busratio=20" bootflag and it comes up with a line "ERROR: firewire unable to determine security-mode; defaulting to full-secure." it then just stops after this, no keyboard response or anything. Pretty much frozen.

okay, here's the update. I installed the iPC universal final distro of hackintosh on my computer and it installs fine. Right after it installs and tries to reboot it gets a kernel panic. I restart and use "-v busratio=20" bootflag and it comes up with a line "ERROR: firewire unable to determine security-mode; defaulting to full-secure." it then just stops after this, no keyboard response or anything. Pretty much frozen.

What were your customise selections.........see my blog iPC 10.5.6 install guide........for your AMD 785G / SB710 chipset, you should choose the VIA/SiS/Marvell/SB Chipset Drivers option......

What were your customise selections.........see my blog iPC 10.5.6 install guide........for your AMD 785G / SB710 chipset, you should choose the VIA/SiS/Marvell/SB Chipset Drivers option......

Ok, i just reinstalled using the VIA/SiS/Marvell?SB Chipset drivers option and if this doesn't work and gives me the same result, I will give the full list of what I customized.

THANKS! its working! ok, now my next quick question. The graphics on here aren't working correctly (the windows turn into the background when moved) and my sound isn't working. Should I stop and try and get everything working right now, or move on and install snow leopard first?

Ok, i just reinstalled using the VIA/SiS/Marvell?SB Chipset drivers option and if this doesn't work and gives me the same result, I will give the full list of what I customized.

THANKS! its working! ok, now my next quick question. The graphics on here aren't working correctly (the windows turn into the background when moved) and my sound isn't working. Should I stop and try and get everything working right now, or move on and install snow leopard first?

Glad to help...... :(

It is better to get OS X Leopard working first, including graphics i.e. CI/QE, networking and audio.......this way you learn exactly what graphics string and networking and audio kexts etc. you need.........also, I recommend that you set up two OS X volumes..........one main and one backup (with the backup being Leopard, or Snow Leopard always one version behind the main Snow Leopard volume.....)