PCIe Problem; NV 9800GT shows as 1X on 16X bus

greyreap

4 posts in this topic

GA-EP35-DS3R w/ 10.6.5 Vanilla on Chameleon 2.4

My 9800GT shows up fine with NVEnabler and GraphicsEnabler. The biggest problem is that it is only operating at 1X lane width on a 16X bus. The 16X works fine in Windows so it shouldn't be a hardware issue. I have tried creating DSDT GFX section according to Tony Macs guide with no success. I have also integrated DSDT GFX portion from someone with 100% working 9800GT with no success. In fact it doesn't appear to read that portion at all when I do that.

I think that it may be something wrong with the DSDT I'm using (which was something another user with the exact motherboard had made).

If anyone has any insight to offer it would be greatly appreciated.

I am having several problems with my graphics card (can't switch monitors or use dual monitors), but my biggest concern right now is the bus lane width. So far every solution that I have tried which has identified the GPU has done so nearly correctly with the exception of the PCIe bus and I don't seem to have full acceleration either.

Thanks for anything that you can offer.

Try using the latest revision of the Chameleon bootloader 2.0 RC5. Try all of these using 32bit mode and 64bit mode if you have a capable system.

Try using the most basic unmodified DSDT on your system.

Try using the GraphicsEnabler=y bootflag

Try using Nvinject or another nvidia based injector made for snow leopard without the bootflag

Try using GFX strings that are properly made on your system (don't just google up someone elses)

You could also try all 3 of them at the same time but I don't think that would work but who knows...

See if there is a BIOS update maybe, and if you update this you will want to make a new DSDT too.

Other wise you might want to head over to the nvidia section to see if anyone else has had this issue.

Try using the latest revision of the Chameleon bootloader 2.0 RC5. Try all of these using 32bit mode and 64bit mode if you have a capable system.

Try using the most basic unmodified DSDT on your system.

Try using the GraphicsEnabler=y bootflag

Try using Nvinject or another nvidia based injector made for snow leopard without the bootflag

Try using GFX strings that are properly made on your system (don't just google up someone elses)

You could also try all 3 of them at the same time but I don't think that would work but who knows...

See if there is a BIOS update maybe, and if you update this you will want to make a new DSDT too.

Other wise you might want to head over to the nvidia section to see if anyone else has had this issue.

Thanks for your reply.

Unfortunately I've tried them all and searched for hours to no avail. I've found people who have similar problems under windows, but no one under OSX that I have been able to find. I'm starting to wonder if it is the GPU itself, as the Windows guys often had it as a result of GPU failure. I just hate to replace it needlessly.

Oh well, that's probably my only option at this point.

Thanks