Dell Inspiron 530 Hackintosh SnowLeopard 10.6.3 How To Install From USB Drive

Danny69ss

4 posts in this topic

Danny's Dell Inspiron 530 Hackintosh SnowLeopard 10.6.3 How To Install From USB Drive

After almost a year of trying I finally had a successful install with Internal Audio + Full Video acceleration + Wireless Internet + Updates. I used info from many forums and websites to many to recall,but here is what worked for me.

(Note: I do not know how to get the full video acceleration on the internal video card as you can see in my hardware specs I already had a PNY GeForce GTS 240 Video Card installed on my PC)

Dell Inspiron 530

Processor - Intel Core 2 Duo @ 2.2 Ghz

Memory - 2 GB 665MHz DDR2 SDRAM

Bus Speed - 800MHz

Chipset - G33/ICH9

BIOS chip (NVRAM) - 16Mb

Video - PNY GeForce GTS 240 DVI/VGA/HDMI

Audio - Realtek ALC888 (7.1 Channel Audio)

Drives SATA - 1x500Gb WesterDigital + 2x1Tb SeagateBarracudas

Firewire - 4 port Firewire card (no drivers needed)

Network - Linksys Wireless Card (no drivers needed

Step 1:

Download

A copy of an Image of iATKOS S3 V2

A copy of NetbookBootMaker 0.8.4RC1

A copy of [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] 2.6.1

A 4gb or 8gb Thumb Drive

Find someone with a Mac …Sorry I don't Know what program you can use to format the thumb drive on PC but i'm sure someone out there knows how.

Step 2:

Format a 4gb or 8gb thumb drive to Mac OS Extended (Journaled) using Disk Utility on a friend's Mac in my case I have a MacBook available. Copy Image file to the USB thumb Drive using Disk Utility's Restore function. After that locate your copy of Netbookbootmaker 0.8.4RC1 use this to patch the the thumb drive you just added the image to this will make the thumb drive bootable. Just double click NetbookBootMaker icon in the Select USB Partition select your thumb drive and then hit Prepare Boot Drive we are done with this step.

Step 3:

Insert the thumb drive into a front USB port of your Dell. Hit the power button when you see the Dell Logo press F12 to get to the Boot Setup use the arrow keys to select your formatted thumb drive and hit enter. You should now see the grey background with an Apple logo in the middle of the screen a loading spin wheel in the lower part of the screen. Wait a few seconds while the installation loads.

Step 4:

Once the installation begins go to Disk Utility select the drive you want to install Snow into and format it to Mac OS Extended (Journaled) after that go to the Partition section of Disk Utility and select the freshly formatted drive under the Volume Scheme Menu (NOTE: In my case I'm only booting Snow Leopard that is why i'm only making one partition if you plan to install more OS make as many partitions as you need)select 1 Partition then go to Options and click on GUID Partition Table then hit OK name your Partition then hit Apply. When done exit Disk Utility

Step 5:

Ok now we are back in the installation process select your language hit next or ok cant remember.

You will then see the iATKOS Agreement hit agree or next cant remember my apologies.

On the next window select the drive where you going to install Snow Leopard and hit the customize button located on the left side of the window. A new window will pop up and here is where you select the kext and patches to install lets continue in step 6.

Step 6:

This is what worked for my Dell Inspiron 530 Bios 10.018 Note: I did not change anything in the Bios Setup

We'll use this settings just to Install the OS and be able to Boot to Snow Leopard.

Bootloader - AsereBLN V1.1.9

Bootloader Options - 32-bit boot + Graphics Enabler

Patches - Extra Directory + Fakesmc + Disabler + RTC(32bit) + EVO Reboot

Drivers - Intel SATA/IDE

Sound - Voodoo HDA works for the internal audio card and with internal video card (Note: I had to remove this kext because of a conflict with my PNY GeForce GTS 240 video card's HDMI audio out in a later step I'll explain how I got audio + full Graphics working for my particular video card)

PS/2 - Apple PS/2 (I believe this is for laptops but well just staying true to what I choose when I installed)

CPU Power Management - Voodoo P-State

For Network my Pci wireless card work out of the box But you can try,

Network Wireless - Broadcom

Network Wired - Broadcom BCM5755M(32bit)

Ok hit apply,ok, I agree… again my apologies cant remember sorry.

Now in the install window hit continue. It should take about 18 minutes give or take (Note: move the mouse once in a while so it wont freeze or go to sleep just to be save trust me) once you get the install successful hit restart and if all goes well you should boot up fine (first boot takes a bit longer than normal) once it loads you should see the Snow welcome video then setup your Mac ID,Name ect.. When you get to your desktop don't restart ..well you can if you want to but it's better to finish setting up the rest of the kext. Now to the next step.

Step 7:

If you made it to this step you should be fine now. just a matter of getting the rest of the stuff working.

locate and open [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] when MB installer window pops up hit continue in the next window they are some recommendations on the procedure of installing from retail disk & updating to 10.6.5 never mind this for now hit continue. On license agreement window hit continue then agree.

Now to setup the rest of the kexts and patches (Please note that his configuration worked for my hardware setup yours mite be deferent )

System Utilities - Rebuild Caches + Repair Permissions (Note: Always do this when you use MB or have deleted any kext from Extentions folder)

The two audio kexts below is what fixed my conflict with the (PNY GeForce GTS 240 HDMI Audio out)

Advanced Options/Kexts/Audio/LegacyHDA - ALC888

Advanced Options/Kexts/Audio/HDAEnabler - ALC888

Advanced Options/Kexts/Disk - IOAHCIBlockStorageInjector

Advanced Options/Kexts/Graphics/Enablers - NVEnabler

Advanced Options/Kexts/Miscellaneous - USB Rollback

This is optional the kext below changes the identity of your Mac IE iMac,Mac Pro,or MacBook Pro.

Advanced Options/Kexts/smbios.plist/Mac Pro/MacPro5,1 - Auto-Detect CPU

Now Hit continue let it do it's thing and restart when done.

Well this is what I did to get my Hackintosh working with (Internal Audio + Full Video Acceleration + Wireless Internet + Updates) I hope this humble little guide helps someone spare the sleepless nights,months of data searching,confusion,going in circles,100's of fail installs,and the lost of a few hairs.

• 2 years later...