Kernel panic after updating to 10.6.5

jason761

4 posts in this topic

I installed a SL on my pc and after that i installed the internet and audio kexts. And there were no problems. Then I updated to 10.6.5 and had a kernel panic. I didn't install anything after installing SL, only the internet and audio kexts.

Specs:

MSI P55A-G55

Intel Core i5-760

XFX Radeon 5770 1GB

12GB DDR3 G-skill

post-546139-1292736654_thumb.jpg

I installed a SL on my pc and after that i installed the internet and audio kexts. And there were no problems. Then I updated to 10.6.5 and had a kernel panic. I didn't install anything after installing SL, only the internet and audio kexts.

Specs:

MSI P55A-G55

Intel Core i5-760

XFX Radeon 5770 1GB

12GB DDR3 G-skill

Did you keep the original OS X kexts for USB storage or did you use a 3rd party kext? I ask because it looks like that kext caused the panic. If everything was working fine before the update it could also be that the update caused it.

For now I suggest booting with the -x and -v flag and seeing what happens.

Did you keep the original OS X kexts for USB storage or did you use a 3rd party kext? I ask because it looks like that kext caused the panic. If everything was working fine before the update it could also be that the update caused it.

For now I suggest booting with the -x and -v flag and seeing what happens.

Ok...I typed in -x -v and i got another kernel panic. I also used all the original OS X kexts and everything except for VoodooHDA modified for ALC892 and RealtekR1000SL.

post-546139-1292777847_thumb.jpg

post-546139-1292778213_thumb.jpg