Sagem XG-760N WiFi on OS X Snow Leopard

CamNarre

1 post in this topic

I just installed Mac OS X Snow leopard 10.6.3 on my Acer Aspire 5741 laptop. When I tried to use the Wi-Fi and the ethernet (Broadcom 802.11n 4357 and Broadcom Netlink Gigabit 5692 respectively) I found that there were no kexts available for these devices. I then tried to use my Sagem XG-760N 802.11g USB adapter which uses the ZyDas ZD1211 Chipset to connect to my Wi-Fi router but whenever i installed the ZD1211 kexts, OS X would not recognize the adapter and when I installed the ZD1215 kexts, OS X would recognise it as a Ethernet device in Network preferences. I would try to use the ZyDas Wi-Fi utility but it would not detect my network and after a short while it would crash OS X. Does anyone know how I can get the adapter to be detected as an Airport device or at least how I can get the ZyDas Wi-Fi utility to stop crashing and find my network. Also, does anyone happen to know where there are kexts for my Broadcom adapters?