Good Mini-ITX Motherboard for OSx86?

LBfan84

1 post in this topic

Yesterday, I took apart my old X-Box (not the 360) that wasn't working due to a problem with the optical drive. Considering that many of the parts are similar, I'm considering the possibility of creating an OSXBox. Yes, I know someone has made an OSx86 machine out of an X-Box before. However, the only one I've seen was not able to fit an optical drive. But I want to be able to.

I'm hoping to do this cheaply, but if I had to splurge on something I suppose it would be the motherboard. I'm hoping to avoid the Intel Atom route because well, they're Intel Atoms, not much processing power at work, although I could easily avoid the massive heatsink and fan problem with it. This doesn't have to be a fancy i7, but I'm thinking something better than a Celeron and in the 775 socket type, but I'm open to other suggestions.

But first things first, what would be the best mini-ITX motherboard for OSx86? Even if I can't pull off this freakish creation, I'd like to know for future reference.