10.4.7 on Fujitsu P1510D (some problems..)

3 posts in this topic

I just installed 10.4.6 from JaS's DVD, and then applied the 10.4.7 update.

The AppleIntel915 kext doesn't seem to get loaded at all -- just AppleIntelIntegratedFramebuffer. If I'm reading the Info.plist right, it should be loaded for every device with vendor id 0x8086, so I'm assuming that the driver itself is rejecting 0x2592 (my 915). Er.. now that I've deleted AppleIntelGMA950*, Intel915.kext is being loaded at boot, and system profiler is saying that CI/QE and Rotation are supported.

However:

- I don't seem to have a cursor visible. After the initial 10.4.6, I had a cursor visible fine. After some kext poking, my cursor became corrupted; the hw cursor image was offset by a few lines after each cursor line (cursor was stretched vertically). Now, after deleting GMA950.kext, I just have no cursor at all. I've also seen some odd window corruption after changing resolutions. (Ok, now I've put back *GMA950.kext and friends, and I now have GMA915 being loaded at boot, and I'm back to the corrupt cursor. Perhaps something that GMA950 is poking is causing the hw cursor to get initialized strangely?)

- Bigger issue -- I cannot get the internal laptop display to work. The internal display (1024x600) comes up in 800x600 during the kernel boot (gray screen), but as soon as it switches into Quartz (light blue), the display stops responding. The machine is still alive; I can hit the power button and hit enter, and the machine will power down; I can ssh in, etc.

Any idea what's going on with either of these? I've been reading a bunch of the Intel 915/GMA900 forums, and everyone seems to have slightly different problems, unfortunately. Booting with -f, with or without external display connected, etc., nothing seems to get the internal display to be recognized.

On a better note, the following stuff seems to work:

- Ethernet

- Atheros wireless (only with IO80211 kext from 10.4.7, also had to add device ID to Info.plist)

- Bluetooth (standard USB bluetooth, no surprise)

Thanks.

Bigger issue -- I cannot get the internal laptop display to work. The internal display (1024x600) comes up in 800x600 during the kernel boot (gray screen), but as soon as it switches into Quartz (light blue), the display stops responding. The machine is still alive; I can hit the power button and hit enter, and the machine will power down; I can ssh in, etc.

Try placing a VGA dongle on the VGA port or try the 2-wire trick:

http://forum.osx86project.org/index.php?ac...ost&id=1522

Yep, tried that; no go. None of the GMA900 solutions seem to cause the internal display to get recognized; it's either the light blue screen and a hang, or light blue screen and continuing to boot, but with dead graphics. Or, with an external monitor plugged in and a successful boot on that monitor, give or take the mouse cursor issue. I also can't seem to get QE back; I had it working very briefly, but no longer. I'll keep poking, it's too close for me to give up. :D