[SOLVED] PNY 250 1gb on a G41M-ES2L

woodward3

7 posts in this topic

I'm trying to install Snow leopard on my G41M-ES2L, which i heard was a breeze. So whenever I try to load up any distro, in any config, I get an immediate black screen and my monitor goes to sleep. I have tried almost every different boot option to no avail. Does anyone have any idea or solution to fix my problem? I will post vids/pics if requested. Thanks

*UPDATE*

Turns out that it was my kernel and nothing to do with my graphics card or anything else. Heres how I ended up fixing my problem

used myhacks using the Chocolate kernel, boot up and is running like a dream.

Just tried this about 10 times with no progress. I still get a black screen and monitor says "Monitor going to sleep". Any ideas? Just to say it again, i have a PNY 250 1gb. Thanks

Just tried this about 10 times with no progress. I still get a black screen and monitor says "Monitor going to sleep". Any ideas? Just to say it again, i have a PNY 250 1gb. Thanks

try with -x

try with -x

nothing, heres all the boot options i've tried:

-v

-x

-f

"graphics mode"="1280x1024x32"

graphicsenabler=yes

all of these do the same thing, screen goes black, then screen says its going to sleep. Im trying to install iAtkos s3 with the NVenabler, will post any results

*UPDATE*

just installed iAtkos, its the only method where i can actually install or even GET to an install. But it fails to boot the same way all the others do. I installed the NVenabler and that did absolutely nothing for me. Really want to get this setup working and i have no idea whats wrong.

UPDATE 2

I just removed my PNY 250 and tried to boot off the onboard graphics, which gave me a black screen and a restart. so im more lost now then i was before. someone please help

Motherboard: GIGABYTE G41M-ES2L

Ram: 4gb DDR2 800

PSU: 750 watt

Graphics Card: PNY 250 gt 1gb

Possessor: Pentium D 2.8ghz (dual core)

Hard Drive: Seagate 2tb SATA

That help? and ill drop that into my signature

*UPDATE*

do you think this could have anything to do with using a Pentium D? I've been reading over some posts about how i cant run a vanilla kernel while using a Pre-"Core" microarchitecture Intel CPU. If so I can swap out the possessor to a core 2 duo i have lying around, or try to find a kernel that will work with my Pentium D. any suggestions or insight?

*UPDATE 2*

After reading more into it, i think this is really a kernel problem, so when i get home today im going to do a USB Myhack with the Chocolate kernel, and if that doesn't work ill try the Legacy kernel on Hazard.