Help installing/booting OSx

zinko

1 post in this topic

Hi all,

This is my first post. I got hooked up by the possibility of having the MacOS on a Intel machine.

After I read most of the available information, I successfully installed iDeneb 10.5.7 at a WD250GB SATA HD. Together with a pair of 1GBDDR2667MHz, this forms my m-ITX machine.

I do have a OSX LS install DVD. The only reason I used iDeneb is because lots of web how-to mention to install this first on a partition (I use an external USB HD), then to install genuine OSX LS (on the internal HD).

The settings I used, and according to the specs ASRock > Products > A330GC was:

Hyper threading disable and USB table Enable.

FIXES

- ACPI/SS2 FIX - just seemed safer

- ACPI_SMC FIX - ditto

- Firewire remove - actually there is none physically

KERNEL -9.7.0 Vanilla - I believe it’s the most "common"

AUDIO - ALC662 - as the specs states

CHIPSET - AHCIFIX and ICHFIX - just seemed safer

NETWORK - RTL8169/RTL8111 -as the specs states

VIDEO - Intel GMA950 - as the specs states

But during boot (-v) I get:

"MAC Framework Successfully initialized using 10485 buffer headers and 4096 cluster IO buffer headers."

And it freezes, looking like a kernel panic as described all around the web. I used x32 –x (safe mode) but the result is always the same.

I even found this install Snow Leopard on Asrock A330GC | AMing Blog but its just complete Chinese to me, as my knowledge of computers don’t go that far.

Can someone point me some hints please? Please don’t say its hw incompatibility, because I don´t want to spend more money on a new (but old model) 330ION. My current ASROCK is just fine for either Win7 or Ubuntu10.10 :-(

I did found out from my own that a dmg file CAN be burned from Win7. I used VirtualBox on a AMD and "pass-through" settings when sharing the ODD with the guest OS. Once iDened was installed, it was easy to burn. It seemed that converting to ISO always messed up with the compressed files.

Thanks in advance