Wanted to install MAC on my desktop. Here is the cnfig ::

Processor :: AMD Athlon X4 635

RAM :: 2 GB DDR3

Graphics Card :: ATI HD 5750 1GB

Motherboard :: Gigabyte 880GM-UD2H

Hard Disk :: 160 GB (With Windows 7)

500 GB (All blank)

Both on SATA (AHCI)

It would be really helpful if someone could guide me, where to start from.

I have downloaded lots of OSx DVDs (Snow Leopard 10.6.1-10.6.2 SSE2/SSE3 Intel AMD & Mac OS X Leopard 10.5.6 Full Retail)

Also have the OSx 10.6.5 update package and the BootCD maker tool.

I have tried following many guides online but all failed.

Although they were on VMWare and Virtual Machine.

I either had a "CPU disabled error" or some other CPU related error.

I even tried loading a pre-installed MAC OSx disk image, but even that failed because of the CPU error)

Is there any way to run MAC with the above config , either on Virtual Machines or Direct instal to HDD??

Nice, looks like every one of those stuff are compatible from a quick glance.

I'm not supposed to do this in the first place, but looks like you need some desperate help. These are some basic steps for installing Mac OS X 10.6 onto a PC, not VMWare or any other virtual machine.

1. I never had to do this step, but in Windows, partition that 500GB of free space into Mac OS X Extended (Journaled). Google how to do this. Also take note on your hardware, even your ethernet chip and stuff.

2. Get Snow Leopard on a disc (Retail, iPC, iDeneb, iATKOS, etc)

3. Set up BIOS's boot order so that the first thing on the list is your disc drive

4. Exit BIOS, boot into disc

5. Go to Utilities, then Disk Utility.

6. Select the 500GB partition. DO NOT SELECT ANY OTHER PARTITION/DISK. Go to the Erase tab, set the partition type to "Mac OS X Extended (Journaled)", name the thing, then erase. Confirm whatever comes up.

7. Close Disk Utility, proceed with install.

8. At the part where you select the HDD, DO NOT PRESS CONTINUE. Very important. Select Customize.

9. Select everything that is compatible to your hardware. Do not touch Bootloaders. Be smart and select whatever you think is best for your system.

10. When you're done, proceed with the install. It will take anywhere from 20 to 50 minutes.

11. Done! Reboot. On the bootloader, type in the flag "-v" without the quotes. If it boots, grats.

TROUBLESHOOT

12. If it doesn't, take note on the error message. Search it on the forums and the OSx86 project, it probably has a solution to it. In the rare cases it doesn't, post the error code on this forum because this is the best forums :(

13. If it boots and you see yellow text on the verbose (that's what -v does: lists all things done in the background during the boot screen), you selected some kexts you don't need or overlap on step 9. If you can, erase the kexts in the install DVD. If not, start over again, making sure not to select those overlaps. FUN!

14. Boots, but wrong resolution? Add this flag WITH QUOTES:

"Graphics Mode"="****x****x&&@##"
Replace **** with your desired resolution, && for desired color depth, and ## for monitor frequency. For example:

"Graphics Mode"="1280x1024x32@60"

I can't help you any further if any other error comes up. Sorry!

I am not liable for any damages done to your computer, nor are these steps guaranteed to work. By installing Mac OS X onto your PC, you accept the risks it has, and it is solely your fault if the install wipes the other partition clean.

Have a nice day!

Shrieken213