Seeking Advice: P6x58D-E Mobo

this.impetus

2 posts in this topic

I built my first hackintosh on an Asus p5k with an invida card but eventually sold it in order to travel. Now I've returned and I've built a new system. What remains is get this puppy into Snow Leopard.

I've got:

P6X58D-E Mobo

i7

ATI HD 5870

6GB Corsair DDR3 1600

I've tried personally inserting chameleon into a thumb drive installation and I get a kernel panic almost immediately. [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] got me no where at all; I get a blinking cursor on boot.

With iAtkos S3 I can boot to the initial page, but upon making the decision to boot into the Snow Leopard installer I again receive a kernel panic.

I'm currently operating with Ubuntu 10.10, which is fine, but I'm a web developer/designer and really prefer to get back onto a Mac environment. I don't know anything about Unix but I code fairly well in PHP/Javascript, which I offer so anyone who tries to help me knows that you can get me to do fairly complex stuff and I'll follow along but I am entirely unable to help myself at the moment! Thanks!