Install stuck on GA-785G-US2H (iAtkos S3 v2)

iMpathetic

1 post in this topic

Hey guys, I'm about to pull my hair out here! There are a couple guides for how to get OS X on this chipset and I'm following them, but for some reason, I just can't get it to install right.

SATA is set to AHCI, as well as SATA ports 4/5. C1E is disabled. Everything else is default, I think.

So I boot with -v busratio=20. There's a weird error that says "Bug: launchctl.c :2325 (23930):30: (dbfd = open(g_job_overrides_db_path; 0_RDONLY | 0_EXLOCK | 0_CREAT, S_IRUSR | S_IWUSR)) != -1". It takes at least 5-6 minutes to boot the DVD, and I'm wondering if this has something to do with my problems during the install.

Anyway, I format my HDD as HFS+ under Master Boot Record. I use the qoopz 10.3 kernel and Chameleon RC5. All USB fixes are clicked too... and everything default is left checked except for obvious conflicts like VoodooHDA and AppleHDA. I'm confused about SATA -- the read-only error above makes it seem like it can't write anything to the HDD. I either check everything under SATA or nothing.

So what happens is: I click install and it says "about 18 minutes remaining". You know how the bar moves a tiny bit, hangs there for a minute or two, and begins progressing the rest of the way? Mine hangs there forever. I went to dinner and got back two hours later and the install was still in the same place.

However, when I wipe the drive to try installing again, it says 3GB or so is used on the HDD. I'm reeeeallllyyyy confused.

I'm sure I'm just being stupid and doing something really obviously wrong.... :( so if anyone has any ideas, I'd love to hear them!