10.5.x upgrade to 10.5.5 or above

zerograv

1 post in this topic

Well after trying for weeks to get Snow Leopard running with no success (couldn't even boot most distro dvd's) i've decided that maybe i'll just try to upgrade my kalyway 10.5.2, since it's the only distro i've been able to get running on my rig. Unless there is another version of Kalyway that I can dual partition install. (i've used way to many dvds the last little while! Lots of places to put my drinks tho :) ) There is a piece of software i'm wanting to try that requires 10.5.5 or above and i've been scouring forums for days trying to find info on updating an amd system. There seems to be so much BS info out there and i'm having trouble finding patched combo updates. Anyone have any info or links that they might recommend, my eyes are burning from reading so much haha!

i've found this link which looks promising, but i'm not sure if this is intel or AMD.

http://insanelymac.blogspot.com/2008/12/up...5x-to-1056.html

Any Help or a push in the right direction would be GREAT thanks in advance!

Hardware

Athlon 64 3200+ 2.0 GHz

Chipset

ATI Radeon Xpress 200 (horrible I know, but i got a ps3 and xbox and 50 inch lg for gaming :) )

Motherboard

Manufacturer: MSI

Motherboard Name: MS-7184

3GB 400 MHZ DDR SDRAM