USB 2.0 on K8V-SE-Deluxe

crazyJAT

4 posts in this topic

I have a K8V-SE-Deluxe running Snow Leopard 10.6.5 with a modified 10.5.0 kernel. Everything works great, ATA/SATA/Network/Audio/Video, except for USB. When I have Legacy support enabled in the BIOS I get no USB support in Snow Leopard. If I disable legacy support and turn off USB 2.0 I will get working USB 1.1. I have yet to get USB 2.0 working at all. Anyone know a way to fix this?

So, I have reinstalled again so that I can document what works and what doesn't.

So, I go into my BIOS and set USB Legacy Support to off. Booting into a fresh install of 10.6.0 with Chameleon 2.0 RC4 and the legacy 10.0.0 kernel, I seem to have full USB support. USB 2.0 devices mount, my usb mouse and keyboard work and everything shows up in System Profiler normally. However, when I try to copy a file to or from a USB 2.0 flash drive I get an infinite copy dialog box. The file transfer never completes. If I enable USB Legacy Support in the BIOS, nothing shows up in System Profiler and USB devices do not work.

After installing the 10.6.5 Combo Update, I reboot changing nothing in /E/E or /S/L/E. Upon first boot of 10.6.5 I have no USB support. No USB devices listed in System Profiler and my USB mouse and keyboard don't work.

As a temporary fix, if I restore IOUSBFamily.kext, IOUSBMassStorageClass.kext and IOHIDFamily.kext back to the ones from 10.6.0, I have the same support I had in 10.6.0. Meaning buggy USB 2.0 support.

I have tried the Chameleon boot options for USB and none of them fix this issue. Can anyone recommend a DSDT fix or another set of kexts that will provide better USB 2.0 support?