ATI X800rx

First Group

6 posts in this topic

Well for starters i got a newbie Q? how do i take screen shots with Mac?

Anyhow i now got my graphics card detected and got some options in display properties, however i cannot change any settings because when i click a choice it tells me to hold my reset button and restart after which the same old settings are applied.

Ive tryed the

<key>Graphics Mode</key>

<string>1280x1024x32</string>

Before my graphics card was detected and it resulted in a clean install because id get the restart button screen everytime and couldnt bypass it. now that my graphics card is detected is it safe to try this method? if not what can i do so the pc wont restart after i select an option?

Current config

Callisto b003 fixed with correct device id and vendor id. it shows with AGP (i would screen shot but dont know how lol)

if i get this working i would have reached a milestone and can commence to getting the sound working.

I would like to thank

Callisto

Rammjet

aqualeviathan

for there support so far with the display settings

Well for starters i got a newbie Q? how do i take screen shots with Mac?

Command-Shift-3 takes a whole screen shot as a .png and puts it on your Desktop.

Command-Shift-4 will bring up crosshairs so you can select a portion of the screen to capture.

Before my graphics card was detected and it resulted in a clean install because id get the restart button screen everytime and couldnt bypass it. now that my graphics card is detected is it safe to try this method? if not what can i do so the pc wont restart after i select an option?

What is so tragic in giving it a try and suffering a crash causing a reboot?

Well, the setting is stored in:

/Users/(Your User Name)/Library/Preferences/ByHost/com.apple.windowserver.(A Bunch of Letters Here).plist

If you decide to try it again and it goes into a loop, you could boot your install DVD and use Terminal to delete this file.

First you would type: cd /Users/(Your User Name)/Library/Preferences/ByHost/

Then type: ls -al to find the com.apple.windoserver file. You need to record what the (Bunch of Letters) is. You can copy the name for pasting below.

Then you would type: sudo rm com.apple.windowserver.(A Bunch of Letters Here).plist

Obviously, you fill in your user name in the first line and fill in the letters in the last line.