EVGA GeForce 9500GT 1GB TV Out on SL?

obs0lete

4 posts in this topic

Hey all,

I'm currently running a fresh install of Retail SL 10.6 on an Asus P5Q Pro Turbo. I do intend to update to the newest ver of SL but I wanted to get everything working first.

The card I currently have, EVGA GeForce 9500GT 1GB, has a TV out option which I would like to use on my LCD TV. Currently, the card works out of the box and I can get the TV out to work by way of a DVI>VGA adaptor which then goes into the back on the TV, however, I cannot get very high resolutions, 1280x960 max....something to that extent, I cannot remember.

When I try to change the resolution, the screen just goes blank then about 15 seconds, then returns to my original resolution. I'm thinking it is the refresh rate or VSYNC setting which is not allowing it to display on the TV correctly but I'm not sure how to check/correct this.

Has anyone got the TV out function of this card fully working? If so, how? What version of SL were you using? What kexts, guide, links etc...

I don't mind having to use the DVI>VGA option but if I can get a higher resolution. I would prefer to use the S-Video out option on the card to connect that to the composite connections on the back of the TV.

Please help! ;)

• 4 weeks later...
Update:

I updated to 10.6.5 and purchased a DVI>HDMI adapter for about $10 and now have full 1920×1080, 1080p display.

Hi there!

I'm planning to buy a 9500GT, to use with Snow Leopard 10.6.5.

Were you able to get two monitors running fine with this card? And QE/CI too?

Thanks.

QE/CI works, I was following the guide @ http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=213336, which installs the myHackInstaller package to enable the card amongst other things. I haven't tested dual monitors but I have used both of the DVI ports and they do work, I don't see why dual monitors would not work.

Good luck!